Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #11

Re: Onyx - little bit of progress

Your kindness is paying off - Onyx is beginning to trust you . . . that's lovely When we were feeding our stray, Ferdy (then called Blackcat) it took several years before he had the confidence to venture into the house - we fed him outside, originally by the back gate and eventually right outside the back door.

I would come down to find him hunched in the snow awaiting his feed by the back door.

Once in and neutered he gradually found his voice and regained his trust in humans but he too for a long time, was a silent cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
23-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #12

Ninja was silent for a long time, too. What a wonderful step forward, Eileen. I agree that her coming back to you after the danger had passed is a brilliant sign, too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #13

Oh I am sooooo pleased to hear that Eileen! Good on you for all the patience and kindness you have shown this lovely little lady! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #14

Thanks, all! I was really delighted that we're now on speaking terms! She has such a worried little face; I'm going to try gradually moving the plate closer to the front of the house; maybe with luck and a lot of patience I can get her to come in the porch ......

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
23-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #15

Oh Eileen, I just know what you are feeling, it took me nearly 18 months to "tame" a little black tom that had moved in under one of our wooden sheds.The day he first came to me for food was wonderful, as was the first time I touched him..Finally when he trusted me enough I had the big 3 D done, De-flead, de-wormed and de-sexed. LOL and from then on he was always waiting for the sound of my car and would come running to greet me. I have to be absolutely truthful and say if I could have any cat back it would be my little black Spookey. Kath

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #16

That's a lovely story, Kath, thanks for sharing. I hope it won't take that long, but one thing I've got as a retiree is lots of time...and patience. And it's good to see her looking better, she's not skinny any more and she has a lovely thick glossy coat....