Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
21-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #11

Re: A message from Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Poor Solo

Smudgley, if he goes to the Adoption Centre will you be able to keep us informed how he gets on and, most importantly, let us know if he finds his forever mum at last?
I'm sure I will. I've never had one leave me before to go anywhere other than to a home. It feels a bit strange & to be honest, whilst he's here I know he's ok, but I know he'll be better off there & I know he'll see more people, he really doesn't have much quality time with anyone here.

I can't understand it.The lady was so desperate to come & see him, & then just doesn't bother.... a phonecall makes all the difference.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I'm sure I will. I've never had one leave me before to go anywhere other than to a home. It feels a bit strange & to be honest, whilst he's here I know he's ok, but I know he'll be better off there & I know he'll see more people, he really doesn't have much quality time with anyone here.

I can't understand it.The lady was so desperate to come & see him, & then just doesn't bother.... a phonecall makes all the difference.
I suppose she could have been unwell but there again, a phone call would only have taken a minute or so .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
21-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #13

Oh, what a shame Smudgley. Poor little Solo.

Big hugs coming his way from us here. ((((((()))))))
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #14

Poor Solo. I am so gutted for him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
22-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #15

Is Solo the one who needs to be an only cat? x

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #16

Yes he needs to be an indoor cat & an only cat or live with other FIV's

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
22-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #17

Smudgley we had and FIV feral who lived with us for 8 months till she died and she lived with 36 other non FIV (all tested still recovering from bill) as she wasn't a fighter or biter she had her own space and bed and although not touchable although she moved with us last July 06 150 miles with all the others we never treated her differently and non of the others were affected surely he could go to a home with non FIV - in America I have friends who have a mixed bunch and its not transferred to the non FIV and all live inside in harmony with a huge outdoor run.

he's wonderful and another black kitty would be welcome here and he could be a housecat along with the other 15 - 4 by their choice others by our choice as all were retrapped following the mas breakout - interestingly enough Holly who was FIV and feral to boot stayed during that incident so like to think she enjoyed all the creature comforts!

When she passed she was creamated and is now waiting to go with her 3 bridge brothers in to our garden of remembrance when its built.

If you need a loving home give us a shout Elaine will vouch for me she keeps trying to steal my Minmin (ragdoll) and peanut have to check she has no passengers to upset the wonderful Eva the Diva!

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #18

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't rehome him with other cats.

Got some ferals you can have though!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
22-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #19

We have 20 ferals already some nice as pie and a couple still work in progress so no more ferals may be a couple of nice ones but somehow its the ferals that we keep taking on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
22-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #20

I really hope Solo finds his home soon, pity he needs to be alone or he melted my heart today when I read his little letter, I would of gave him his forever home - give him hugs please x