Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Moggies
18-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #1

Hello everyone, We have five cats!

Just wanted to warn everyone about Feliway. My son looks to have had a severe allergic reaction to it. His face looks as if it has been burned. Antibiotics have failed ... he is going to A and E tomorrow to get intravenous antibiotics. My husband did not like Feliway either; he could not sleep. Just wanted to warn fellow cat lovers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
20-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #2

Re: Hello everyone, We have five cats!

Ive been using the Feliway plugins 24x7 for years with no problems, have them all over the house i dont use the spray.

Hope your son & hubby ok

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #3

Hello - very sorry to hear about your son and hubby. I suppose that everyone is so individual when it comes to allergies. I found that I was allergic to neoprene, but it's actually only one component. Luckily my swollen face went down very quickly once the offending article, a binocular strap, was removed. Guess it's not so easy if there is something in the atmosphere.

Have you let the Feliway company know?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

Hello there! So sorry to hear about your family's reaction to Feliway, as Angie said I think you should inform the company as they do keep records of reactions as a matter of course.

Five cats sound like a lovely furry houseful Can you share any pics with us ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #5

Hello and welcome. That must be worrying for you I agree that you should let the manufacturers (or distributors) know.

I found I had a really bad allergic reaction to Pantene shampoo. I always check that beauty products don't contain anything I'm allergic to (nuts/sesame). When I communicated with the brand owner they did the usual 'we're not responsible' rubbish but they did refund me the money I spent on the products.