Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #21

Re: Big Brother

Well after this thread I watched it on replay OMG what super ficial idiots. Not one of them can pass a mirror without looking in to (exept the older or plumper ones) Pure dribble, sorry.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
07-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #22

well today something bad happened emily from bristol got kicked out from the house for a racist remark what she meant as a joke but big brother took it seriously

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #23

I do not watch it either.....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mable1718
well today something bad happened emily from bristol got kicked out from the house for a racist remark what she meant as a joke but big brother took it seriously
Of course they would take it seriously, it was a racist remark whether it was a joke or not. They always have trouble with these BB programmes, I think they should have learnt their lesson by now and stop making them...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
08-06-2007, 08:10 AM   #25

the only reason they took it seriously was because of what happened in the celebrity one about jade goody and shilpa shetty

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
08-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #26

I'm glad they took it seriously and I think they handled it far better than the last time. They learned a lot from the last time and its good to see they reacted in the right way.

I am sorry but I did not see what she said as a joke - I was deeply offended by it - and really felt for Charley - and felt that BB did the right thing.

As for them showing it I think its right to show it - this is obviously a big problem still in the UK and by showing it we are talking about it and then hopefully it will help make some people see that this is unacceptable behaviour in modern society.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
08-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #27

I agree that BB did the right thing by removing Emily from the house - they had no choice. She made a remark and even if she meant it as a joke, it was wrong and racist.

I do believe that she didn't mean to be offensive, she is only 19 and is ignorant. She was trying to be "cool" but failed miserably.

Now, I'm just wondering whether they will replace her!?!?!?!?!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
08-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
Now, I'm just wondering whether they will replace her!?!?!?!?!
There are another 2 males going in tonight. George Galloway announced it on BBs Big mouth last night.

IMO: Charlie is a person who like to be heard, is always right even when she is wrong... and knew exactly what she was doing when she made such a big deal about Emily's remark even though she said she knew Emily was just joking and wasnt being malicious.... I do not condone what Emily said just as I do not condone how it is allowed to be used by People of colour but not by people of Caucasion persuasion.... I also do not agree with it when it is allowed to be sent out over the airwaves in songs allowing our youth of today to think that it is an ok word to use.....

Emily didnt realise that she couldnt use it in a fun way and she did apologise right away... but Charlie just had to make the situation worse by telling anybody who was listening and by denying she mentioned it to anyone else when she blatantly told Shabnam later on in the evening.... and Laura right after it was decided to be kept between the 3 of them...

Charlie needs to grow up and shut up....
Emily needs to stop acting so grown up and learn more about the world and its bigotry.

Big Brother say that they are taking strong action against those who are offensive to Housemates or Viewers??? well why are the majority of them still in there then because as far as I am aware all the name calling that has been going on between them all during arguments is racial, and demeaning in some form or another I would be extremely offended to be called a F***ing Bitch and a cow by someone I have only known 5 days as much as I would be if I had been coloured and called a N*****.

Sorry for spouting so much I just needed to get that out lol

PS we had a dog called Nigger he was a beautiful Red Rusty coloured lab or something

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #29

I don't agree that C4 only took it seriously because of what happened in the last CBB, it was still a racist remark in whatever programme and the girl involved was old enough to know better. You cannot joke about racism or there will never be peace amongst the nations of the world.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
08-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #30

I think at age 19 you are old enough to know better - ignorance isn't an excuse. How could any-one possibly think that they could use that word in any kind of joke or fun way.

I am no fan of Charley but I do think she was really shocked - and I would have been the same if it were me regardless of my skin colour.

I don't think being called a bitch or cow is anywhere near the same as being called that word (I cannot bring myself to use it) - totally different meanings and scenarios!

and just because some rappers decide to use the word - who also promote degrading women as well - does not make it acceptable to use the word.