Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #11

Re: A question for those who feed their cats a raw meat diet.

http://www.felinefuture.com/nutritio...andcalcium.php

I know of people who use this with raw feeding, thought it might help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #12

Calismum - don't panic over bones!

Barf feeders give their cats ground up meat and bones; if you give chicken wings or rabbit joints, yup, puss crunches and crunches and eats them all up! Scarey at first but just think - what would puss do if it was living wild and caught itself something big like a rabbit or pigeon - answer ... eat the lot! (Did you get the sound on my vid of Bentley? - crunch, crunch, crunch!)

Always raw bones, never cooked!

I was suprised when I first gave wings, that the cats started at the 'meaty end' and if they get full and there's anything left, it's the 'fingery' end. You'd think they'd eat the softer stuff first, but they obviously like the bigger bones.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: burmese and ginger moggie
15-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #13

I feed both my dogs raw not barf there is a slight difference. My kitten will also eat raw and will argue with the dog for chicken wings, dogs seem to love it but cats seem to take longer to adjust unless you sart at the early weeks. Have a look at rawmeaty bones websit or join brif barf . They talk mainly about dogs but cats are good on raw to its natural. Add raw fish,tinned fish in olive oil, cottage cheese and raw egg as long as it is raw go for it I love seeing them eat natural it some how seems right. I dont use supplements after my research it doesnt seem necessary, they would't get it in the wild just a wide diet of meat and fish including offal

Cats owned: Siberian
za9za00 is Male
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #14

Emma,

drop karen at kiskasiberians an email (karen@kiskasiberians.co.uk) she feed all her cats and kittens raw with no suppliments and has the Best Siberian cat in Europe.

Andrew

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: burmese and ginger moggie
13-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #15

Good luck with raw feeding. Both my dogs are raw fed and do great they love it. The kitten will eat some raw but not enough to sustain him , my older cat wont entertain it and I havent got the patience or time to convert her. I was very dubious when I started but now I wouldn't go back with the dogs it is so easy and healthy