Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #1

Fun Friday

G'morning! happy days here again, getting woken up at 1am by the pleading mewing of Posh made me feel good, getting off to sleep again however was not such fun
Hot duvet+sweaty OH+menopause= a night on the settee.

Lovely to hear the wheezy purrs coming from the other cushion

Nice day here, been around the lamposts taking down the notices and phoning shops etc. Friends and family have been texting & ringing all night and morning. I think she's gonna get spoiled

no other plans today, Ceri very tired and feeling a bit 'off'... a bit jealous some one else is getting the attention!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #2

Re: Fun Friday

Hi Nette! Sorry about the restless night, but so so glad of the purrrrs from herself! I do think that a Welcome Home Posh photo is called for though ........................

I have been to the dentist this morning and, although I was not looking forward to the visit, the hole in my tooth where the filling came out was clean, so no drilling needed and I had a filling and my teeth cleaned and was out, done and home again within an hour! Very relieved I am.

Thoughts today are with Miss Fifi Fluff and Yola. Hope all goes well.

Wonderful weather here - warm, bit of a breeze and a perfect day really. Pottering in the garden etc. OH is putting up a bamboo screen on top of the pergola to give dappled shade. It's looking good.

Have a great day everyone. Will pop on again later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #3

Morning Nette.

I empathise with your hot sweats.....I have had no warning as fine preOp...now technically in surgical menopause ....so no choice. So what with these warm nights too not sure which is which but neither is helping me sleep. But the window is staying open.....the one time I am pleased not to have the cats as open windows meant old cats on the window sill two stories up....and me trying desperately to grab aback leg or tail..............did they worry nope but I aged years each time.

Anyhow enough moaning and moping its gorgeous here just off to take a few snaps of the poppies.....pink ones not out yet, just the red.

Have a great day everyone, I feel fine but sitting in the garden......and pottering.

Enjoy.........................................:smt 039

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #4

Angie Good morning....sorry we crossed on posting......great minds. Glad about the dentist visit being all clear cut.

Have a good day and potter to your hearts content I have bamboo on top of the pergola too and it has been a Godsend, it was not what I wanted but it was just getting in theway in the shed the bamboo; so my BIL put it on the top of the pergola....and when I came out of hospital I couldn't get it down so hey ho........now I like it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #5

afternoon all, glad your visit to the dentist went well Angie, what a relief. I'm terrified when i have an appointment and when you have been and everything is ok, the feeling is tremendous.
Kazz glad you are enjoying the garden, it's certainly a lovely day, bit overcast at times but lovely and warm.
PP so glad you are feeling on top of the world, i bet it feels great to take those posters down
Thinking about Fifi and Yola today, hope all goes well.
Been down by the river today with Malaika and my son, we saw lots of White Geese in the river, lots of flapping and honking, think they were having a turf war There was just one small Gosling and it kept very close to Mum.
Not much to report on Tom and Jerry, they just laze around all day, think Tom is on the bed and Jerry is over the fence somewhere. Must get some pics.
Off to a friends in an hour we are having a get together with a few other Doll collectors. Would you believe we are all bringing spare body parts (for Dolls), sometimes we but incomplete dolls so will be trying to match up bits and pieces.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #6

Another lovely day, 28 C (82 F), sunny. We dodged the bullet last evening, lots of very violent heavy t'storms around but they missed the City; all we got was a bit of rain. Which is needed; very dry. No news here, just the usual market run.

Glad the dentist went well, Angie; pic of the pergola when finished? Kazz, I'm surprised they didn't tell you about the menopause! Hope your hot flashes won't be too bad. I think your positive approach to life might help; I'm convinced mine weren't too bad because I was so glad to be rid of periods!! Shelley, got a grin out of the spare body parts! Thinking of Fifi and Yola today also... Nette, so happy about Posh; I dreamed about her last night (posted on the thread)

Hope it's a lovely day for all!

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #7

Eileen they told me..........just seems it is just starting to kick in. But far from bad, just noticable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #8

What a stressful day. Took Fifi to the vets for 8am. Was awake on and off with panic attacks during the night. After dropping OH off went to the allotment where managed to get quite a lot done. Then back to office after frantic text from OH as translators had let us down in delivering a large job for tomorrow lunchtime so we had to find others. The project manager looking after the job was getting very stressed so I had to help for a bit. Not good with 2 hungry boys in tow miffed because they wanted their paddling pool

Fifi's vet bill came to £450 and i've just about run out of credit on any of the cards I have. So it was a bit of a panic and having to rob the boys' accounts to get the pennies together once I got back online (at about 5.30 - pic up appt was 6).

I'll update on Fi on her thread in a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #9

Sorry your day has been chaotic you could have done without the added stress of that translation let-down
Vets bills, they're a shocker, I know! its not easy in these hard times either.

Have a large glass of your fav wine and feet up tonight (boys and OH a-willing of course). Thinking of you & the fluffy one (s). xxxx

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #10

What a stressful day Yola......just reading about it brought me out in a panic....