Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #11

Re: WHY

Yes, Lucky is very apt PK.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
23-03-2005, 06:09 AM   #12

Here is another one for Saphire, I don't understand anyone being cruel to a cat let alone paying a large amount of money for one and doing that for it. I am sure with your help she will learn that not all humans are nasty, but if Queenie is anything to go by, it will always be there a little bit. At least Queenie trusts us to have cuddles with us (2 hours solid last night!!!!)

Global Moderator

23-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #13

Hi Paula, nice to hear from you again.

Catsey Junior

23-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #14

it makes me so angry when you hear of cases like this all a cat or any other animal asks for is to be loved they have so much love to give back people like this miss out big time I think the name precious sounds lovely

Catsey Veteran

24-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #15

Oh was a terrible story - i literally have tears in my eyes reading this post - how very sad, I really hope she will be able to trust humans again, this will probably effect her for life the poor little darling.

How about Poppett for her name?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
25-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #16

I love the name Poppett and thats what she will be called.
Progress report,
Had a little bit of a break through with her.I sat very quietly on the floor with some very smelly fish and cheese and she came to a foot infront of me.This is a real good as i have never seen a cat so scared in all my years,and ive seen some cats.
She is totaly scared of men which is to be expected as it was a man that did this to her.weve now put a tv with her and this is on 24/7,this might help.
One problem we have is shes book in to vets next week to be clippered off as her coat is so knotted i reackon it will come off in one whole mass.
What has mad me sick is the person who did this refused to sign her over and a certain animal society have said that if he signed her over they would drop the case.so he signed,however i have told the breeder on the quiet and she has gone balistic so she is taking this matter on.I cant say to much as its now going through our rescue and police with the help of the vets.He will pay!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #17

Looks like she is coming round a little Sam. You must have the patience of a saint!!

Global Moderator

25-03-2005, 09:59 AM   #18

Love the name Sam!
Nice to know you've had a bit of a breakthough with her - sounds like it's going to need a lot of patience and hard work to repair the damage done to her.
And I hope the guilty will suffer!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
25-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #19

shes coming closer each day ,she let me touch her on the back and was quite happy till my OH came in so all men are banned from her pen for now.She is eating well and is happy to see me when i go in that she has started to talk which is always a good sign.I have spent hours sat on the floor with her and i now have a flat bum.Disscovered that she likes the cooked chickens that you can get from supermarkets and she has taken it from my hand.So each day we are seeing results.

Global Moderator

25-03-2005, 10:51 PM   #20

You deserve a meadal for what you are doing for her Sam. Your care and attention should make such a difference to her.