Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #1

Do yours...

Go out? Mine only get out if I am at home,They go for a wander around the garden and then come in.Leo ask's out to pee,the come's straight back in,I think he thinks he is a dog..It maybe sounds parinoid but I am always scared someone will pinch them

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #2

Re: Do yours...

If I owned pedigree Moli, I think I would be scared to let them out. Maybe you could have done it years ago but not these days.

Cassie goes out every day. In winter she is out and back in in a flash, doesn't like the cold and wet!! In summer she's out practically all day and I've a job to get her in at night (and I'll stay up all hours until I get her in!!).

Catsey Veteran

18-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #3

Moil, I have two pedigrees and they don't go out - I am too frightened as I am sure they would get stolen, better to be safe than sorry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
If I owned pedigree Moli, I think I would be scared to let them out. Maybe you could have done it years ago but not these days.

Cassie goes out every day. In winter she is out and back in in a flash, doesn't like the cold and wet!! In summer she's out practically all day and I've a job to get her in at night (and I'll stay up all hours until I get her in!!).
I have been there Mags..Leo has a habit of dashing out when the dogs go out last thing, Like you I spend hopurs looking for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #5

All mine go out with the exception of Lucky my eighteen year old who chooses not to go out any more. They have access via cat flaps but I do have them all in at night with the exception of Sylvester who will wake you up in the middle of the night to let him out

Global Moderator

18-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #6

I couldn't sleep if I didn't have Cassie in for the night

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
18-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #7

mittens stayed in and so will any other cat i have. even if i get a moggie. and the reason i do this is i have lost a cat due to the fact that he was used to my dogs and did not think other dogs would hurt him and thats how we lost him

Global Moderator

18-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #8

Oooo of course, he would think all dogs were friendly if he got used to yours, that's worth remembering Nat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #9

Mine are free to come & go as they like (not the foster cats obviously)
Mitten goes off all the time & STILL goes home ....... to the wrong home. She continues to go back to our old house & will not then come home until we fetch her.
Emily is always inside (the thought of getting her paws cold makes her mad!)
Smudge likes to go off hunting & checking out all the other cats nearby.

Every night a tabby & white cat comes & sits on our drive waiting for mine to go out & see him, Smudge always goes to play with him.

Global Moderator

18-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #10

It's strange how cats never forget their first home isn't it? It's a good thing you didn't move too far away Smudgley!