Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #1

Tuesday Daily

Well its chucking it down here.....fantastic news for the garden not so much for the children on half term.

Anyhow yet again a quiet day here................having a shower shortly. Just had boiled eggs for breakfast with marmite toast....YES...MARMITE

Feel really okay today off to the Doctors tomorrow for a Doc's note, think I am healing well....even the scar is moving on have to wait and see what he says.

After the Doc's I am pottering over to work if I feel okay handing in my Doc's note and showing them I am alive. and then having a coffee or 107 with people to catch up had texts flying in and times organised so people can arrnage their break /lunch/starting time to have a coffee.....chat......so having a nice morning.

Looking forward to that catching up and chatting.

Have a nice day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday Daily

Yes, weather is abysmal here. Been to take OH to the office, to Waitrose (costa) for a late breakfast with the boys and to a couple of garden centres in a vain search for runner beans. My first lot were nabbed by the frost and the 2nd batch have completely failed to germinate so I had decided to resort to buying baby plants. Obviously the rest of Reading had the same idea over the weekend!

I have a heap of ironing to do now and the boys are going to do a large collage/painting of our trip to the beach yesterday - including a 3D version of Old Harry's Rock!

If it clears up we might pop to the allotment later in the afternoon to carry on with the weeding!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #3

Afternoon Ladies, been raining here, but the sun has just come out....Still getting over my dentisit visit yesterday...Got the vet with Leo this afternoon, his monthly jab..then shopping, then down to the beach with the mutts..
Have a good one everybody........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #4

Afternoon all, ditto with the weather here - rain, rain and more rain!

Dropped my son off at the train station earlier this morning then went to the Garden Centre for more compost and plants - just need the weather to brighten then I can get started again.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #5

Hi all - been to PAH today and bought rabbit hutch to put my 2nd broody hen into (well it is the Bantam).

Honestly I was told they rarely go broody - she has two eggs so we'll leave it at that.

Now all I need to do is build the thing - it comes flat pack. Sure I could have got a better one for less but no time as I'm off to Branham Horse Trials this week. Leave tomeorow to travel down to friends in Yorkshire, spend a couple of days there and then two days at Bramham. Home SUnday, really looking forward to the break. OH has been left in charge with instructions for normal/broody hens, Cali and fishtank.

Pouring with rain here too, but ground could do with a soaking.

Kazz -marmite - yummy - now I feel a need to pop to the marmite shop coming on. It is the type of thing there are very much love it and hate it camps - no in betweenies.

Yola - I was at garden centre yesterday and I'm amazed there is anything left - it was like some sort of last minute panic shop - we left with 6 geraniums. The car park was like a circus. Think we all need to see a pic of the boys efforts at 3d art??

Moli - walk on the beach sounds lovely - blow away the cobwebs and soak up that lovely sea smell whilst watching the dogs have a ball. - enjoy, I'm envious.

What plants did you buy Mags?

Enjoy the day peeps

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #6

Hi all - yes cold and wet here too. Where HAS the Summer sunshine gone? OH says warmer weather is forecast for later in the week, but it goes from cold (fleece and thick socks) to hot hot hot (summer trousers and sandals) in a day - what's happened to nice in-between days? Tomatoes that were doing so well in the greenhouse seem to have stopped growing and the poor chilli peppers are, well, chilly! Pip has curled up for a nap but Kizzy has ventured out. I have already had to take paper towels to them both earlier this morning. Pip has developed a nice thick plush coat, very short but thick and is no longer classed as a "fuzzy felt" animal!!!

Has anyone heard of Taste 5 - Umami paste???? One of MIL's carers told us about it and we Googled this morning. Waitrose sell it, so that's on my list for my next visit ...... I feel the need for another rotisserie chicken!

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #7

6am here..just settling down to bed so i can wake in a few hours and get myself properly caffeinated and the cats and ferrets sorted before i go in for my first day volunteering at the bird sanctuary will let you know how it goes!

Global Moderator

01-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
What plants did you buy Mags?
I bought some petunias and French marigolds ..... they were unbelievably fresh and healthy, quite surprising as it's June already and usually the best have usually been sold.

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #9

afternoon everyone, just back from walking Malaika down the country lanes, she's getting much better at heel work but i have to focus 100% on her.
Like you Yols i've been ironing but watched an episode of Larkrise whilst i did it.
I'm intrigued about the 3d picture/model your boys are making ?
Tink, hope your day goes well at the bird sanctury.
Kazz, marmite is great, i like it with peanut butter on sandwiches and with cheese on toast.
Hope you have a good natter at work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #10

Brrrr! what a dreary day! Had to do my blood test at the hospital again today and it's a good job I'm patient and not bothered by needles. I ended up with 3 phlebotomists trying to get blood out and now have 5 patches, 2 on each arm and 1 on the back of my hand, just waiting for all the bruising to show up now!

Had a young greenfinch crash into the living room window, I thought it was a goner as it just lay there not moving. I put it on the bird table so it was out of reach of the kitties and gradually it started to come round but looked as if there was a problem with one of its feet. It must be ok because when I looked out again it had gone, hopefully flown away to live another day!