Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #11

Re: Sort-of-sunny Sunday

Your meal sounds lovely Eileen never tried swordfish whats it like???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #12

Kazz, it's very hard to describe a taste. It's meaty, not a "fishy" fish, juicy if not overbroiled. I just put a few curls of butter on it, a good sprinkle of freshly ground pepper and a dusting pf paprika. It goes well with sauces or marinades if you like it that way, and is good in fish stew too.

Catsey Veteran

30-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #13

Hmm have decided I do not eat enough fish and just started a thread in food for sea bass...will try swordfish maybe at a resturant have it cooked properly.....Ta Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #14

Right, Rayne has been walked, the grass has been cut and the shed has been cleaned out. Also removed all the debris from outside the back door, every year I do that and every year some one just dumps crap out there .

Have a huge egg on the top of my head, which means my big hair is now sitting higher than normal, coz a long iron bar was hiding in a corner, as I pulled some debris off the ground, said bar apeared and fell on my head. Really bloody hurt, thought I was gonna pass out. Cursed and swore LOTS, kicked back door a few times, screamed AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!, then got back on with what I was doing.

Rayne barked furiously at lawn mower, rake and brush, actually attacked brush, dont think neighbours were impressed with all the noise but hey, I'm not impressed with the crap they dump and the fact that no one else ever does anything out there so screw them.

Lamb for dinner, just not sure what I'm doing with it yet but better make a start soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #15

Oh Elaine, sorry about your poor aching head! But you did manage to make a funny story out of it! Did the brush survive the attack?

Catsey Veteran

30-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #16

The brush has survived several attacks so far today, not so sure it will last several more. I gave up on raking the cut grass as i was scared she was gonna rush in under the spikes.

Catsey Veteran

30-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #17

Okay Elaine a gardening tip for pups....give them a plastic plantpot. Worked wonders for Sal and keeps her interest when I am gardening.

Catsey Veteran

30-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #18

Ok I'll try that Kazz, she had already dragged several toys down into the garden, even dug a hole and burried one for later