Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
16-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #1

Goodbye Patch. Run free my darling x

Patch came to live with us on the 8th September 2006. He was only roughly 8 weeks old, and was such a tiny cute little thing.

He was never much of a people cat, but he was still lovely and we loved him no matter what his personality was like.

Last night, around 9:50pm we heard loud noises, like dogs barking so rushed outside to investigate and Patch was being attacked in next doors garden by two dogs. I ran round there faster than I've ever ran, and he was there being attacked by them. At this time, next door were out too and we were all trying to get the dogs off him. We managed to get them away so I went to get him and he was bleeding from his mouth and round underneath him around his back end. We rushed him round to our house and he was laying on the floor, panting and not able to move properly. He was trying to get up a bit but his back legs wouldn't let him.

We rushed him to an emergency vet. He just layed there next to me all of the journey, I tried to comfort him and I kept stroking him, talking to him and kissing him but I knew he wasn't well at all. When we got there she said it didn't look good, but they would try to help him. I was willing to do anything to save my baby. They gave him oxygen, pain killers, fluids and maybe some other stuff. It didn't look good because he seemed to have no feeling in his back legs, but he was able to move them a bit. It was explained to us that he could have damaged his spine or pelvis (I think) so we decided he would have an xray. His tummy also looked really bloated so we didn't know what was going on. He was in really bad shock too.

We went home because by this time it was about 11pm. She said she would ring us in roughly an hour or whenever the xrays were done. Around 00:10, we got the phone call. It was the news we'd been dreading. She said that the xray looked hopeful and he would have maybe survived, but he had a seizure and died

I can't believe my baby is gone :'( He was only 2!! He didn't deserve this. How could any animal deserve this?! Earlier that day he was so happy, full of life. I sat with him for like 20 minutes whilst he slept just stroking him (and I took some pictures which I'm so glad about).

He been gone for less than 12 hours and the house is so lonely without him. His dishes still had food in them

I just can't eblieve he's gone.

I'm so sorry Patch, we didn't mean for it to ever end up like this. We tried to help you darling, we really died, but it just wasn't to be. I would have done anything to save you. I would have made them save you no matter how much it cost. I'll miss you babe, I'm so so sorry.

Dad is going to collect him tonight after work (he really couldn't collect him this morning) and he will be burried near his favourite bush which he loved.

Run free Patch darilng, I love you. We all love you. We miss you already. We'll find out who's dogs it were...we'll make sure something is done. I promise you.

Now he can enjoy his favourite thing forever...sleeping.

I love you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
16-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #2

Re: Goodbye Patch. Run free my darling x

Oh Jane - that's so awful - I've got tears in my eyes reading that. Poor Patch. At least he knew that you were with him after the attack and that you did everything you could for him.

Run free Patch - play hard at the Bridge sweet man.

Lots of love and hugs to you Jane. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #3

Oh Jane. What a horrible, tragic and ghastly thing to happen. Poor darling Patch and poor you too. Words fail me you must be beside yourself with grief and shock.

I'm in tears here with you - not a good idea with a face full of mascara and and office full of people, believe me but I just can't help it. Hateful bloody dogs to attack your beautiful cat like that

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #4

I'm so sorry to read this, so tragic

Sleep tight Patch x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #5

I am so sorry for your tragic loss

RIP Patch x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: maine coon,bengal,domestic
16-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #6

jane:
how awful for you. i can hardly see the screen because im crying with ya girl. just know that you gave patch a great life and that he adored you!!! no words can heal that big hole left by him passing. just know he has passed over that rainbow bridge, and you WILL see him again. rest in peace patch!!! your mom misses you!!!!
so sorry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
16-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #7

I am so sorry amd my heart goes out too you too. I am crying my eyes out here. God Bless you little one. Run free at the bridge darling.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #8

So very sorry to read this Jane ***HUGS*** Sleep soundly Patch.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #9

So very sorry to be reading this about poor Patch, Jane....what an awful thing to happen. You did all you could for him ((((hugs))))

Sleep tight Patch xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #10

Aww Jane I'm so very very sorry. I'm howling as well. My heart goes out to you. Sleep tight patch xx Run free at the bridge.