Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #11

Re: New garden

That is a lovely space random. Lots of possibilities for there. I definitely agree that you need better fencing though, unless you get on REALLY well with your neighbours lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #12

What did you think of my ideas then Random....any good.?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
23-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
That is a lovely space random. Lots of possibilities for there. I definitely agree that you need better fencing though, unless you get on REALLY well with your neighbours lol.
lol I know, and the person before me lived here for 13 years like that! My dogs would be off exploring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
What did you think of my ideas then Random....any good.?
Brilliant Kazz, feel free to put them up here and see what everyone else thinks. I think they are fab, especially the decking and raised.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #14

However a couple of thoughts.Although far far from brillant.

1. Dog proof either straight across where exsisting paving is. Or follow the path that is there now. Would not suggest a solid fence but picket or wire panels, so you keep the "space of the garden" without blocking it out.
2. If dog fencing is to be straight across then in the triangle to the left of the path pictured from the house, then how about possibly decking there as a sitting area.....or slab circle and gravel round edge as a sitting area, or carry the slabs through to that area and let the dogs have run in that triangle and down the side (access to front)
3. Top of the garden to the left from house where the washing post is, then maybe a raised area - scree garden or alpine area or even a veg patch for the little 'en?
3. Top right a shrub evergreen maybe white or yellow maybe a sundance.
4. On top of the manhole a pot that has a lavender in maybe for the scent it will be raised up too.
5. I'd leave the exsisting paving and work round it like decking or gravel. But thats me.

Only suggestions...it leaves the grass area for the little one and maybe a slide/swing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
27-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #15

He's some better ones of some of the plants in the garden:

Front:

Back:

And the paved bit which is going to be fenced off for a dog loo!