Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
28-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #21

Re: Help

don't feel bad - you did an amazing job for that cat! And you gave them money to get him neutered I know that awful way you feel when you take in a stray and then hand them over - but its for the best in the long run - you really did do an amazing job far more than most would ever do.

Take care of your hand - are you up to date with your tetanus jabs cats scratches can be quite bad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #22

Hope you're feeling better this morning Yvonne. You really played a blinder you know - please don't beat yourself up. Now everyone has a breathing space, the puss is going to lose his 'angry marbles' and will hopefully become much more placid and as for the boy and dad ..... well, surely things can only get better for them.
Well done!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 black moggies
28-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #23

aww poor you and poor cats as well You have done all that you could do as he would not settle with yours and upset all round.
Maybe he will be calmer once he has lost his mink earings, but I think it takes up to 3 months for the hormones to settle down.
I think I would put an ad in the local vets and see if anyone who does not have a cat or has just lost their cat Someone might just be out there and would love him to bits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
28-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #24

((((((hugs))))) you have gave your love x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
30-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmimi
aww poor you and poor cats as well You have done all that you could do as he would not settle with yours and upset all round.
Maybe he will be calmer once he has lost his mink earings, but I think it takes up to 3 months for the hormones to settle down.
I think I would put an ad in the local vets and see if anyone who does not have a cat or has just lost their cat Someone might just be out there and would love him to bits.
do you know that seems such a good idea now i have had chance to review the sittuation.
The lad really would like to keep his cat once he and his Dad find somewhere else to live, and I know from what the Boy has said from visiting his Mum in hospital that she is upset at losing him.
Since its such a small charity? not sure what it is to be honest, maybe if I help pay them to keep him for a few weeks then they wont rehome him?
If not I prefer your idea of advertising for a good home, the other cats the home I took him to seem, I don't know more lost causes? cats noone might want to take.
Smudge is just (apart from atitude problem) such a HUGE bear of a cat. all long hair and well MASSIVE.I have never ever seen such a big cat that isn't just fat(no fat on him just a bruiser)
I have tried to 'phone tonight to see how his little op. went but there was no answer.
Why oh why do we get so involved?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #26

Because we are true animal lovers....Maybe they would keep him in foster,I am sure if you pay for his keep, they would not object to it.. until either he can go back to his mum & dad, or you can find him his forever home...