Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
27-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #1

Help

Right sorry if this is a bit muddled.
On tuesday my Son's friend who was staying with us got a 'phone call from his Dad saying that his Mum had taken an overdose/had alocoholic poisoning and the council flat that they had been living in was being taken back, ie. eviction.
The parents are divorced but the Dad had also been staying in the flat, so now he too is homeless.
Mum has now been sectioned in hospital etc.
Now they have a cat, he had been locked in the flat by the local council and we were just told he had been fed, this was tuesday.
I got in touch so the lad(17!) could get his stuff out etc.
The lad and his Dad went to the flat today as they had to get everything out and the cat was still there.
I have rung rspca, cats protection and another charity in our area to get someone to do something about this poor thing.
Nobody could really help, c.p and other charity were full. rspca didn't get back to me.
Rang the council this afternoon to be told that the cat had been picked up by family and everthing was ok! I rang rspca back to tell them this.

Turns out the lad and his Dad had taken the cat and now have nowhere to take him, me being daft said they would have to bring him here while I sorted it.

Long story short, he is gorgeous great big bear of a cat, but............ my girls and Geoffrey have attacked on sight, living room is now a battle zone, covered in blood(mine) and fur and the cat is sitting in a corner hissing and spitting at everyone and everything.

What the heck can I do? I can't keep it, The other cats wont tollerate it, the lad's upset, no-one seems to want to help.
answers????

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
27-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #2

Re: Help

poor poor cat

I would get the cat into a cattery at the moment if you are - is the cat vaccinated so you can do this?
I would also be phoning around the animal charities - this is outrageous that the cat was left locked in the flat.

Do you know any-one else that can maybe take the cat in temporarily - preferrably somebody who doesn't have cats?

did the CPL not have any fosterers available?

Sorry for all the questions - hope you get it sorted out soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #3

Oh my goodness.
Well done you for giving him shelter for now, anyway.
Thinking cap on .....
Well, you could try waiting to see if things will settle. But I know you have enough cats really.
You could search for other rescues, apart from the main ones.
You could advertise him in pet shops, newsagents, vets, with maybe a little bit of his sad story. (The vets might be a good idea ..... maybe somebody who's lost their long time furry companion?)
You could/should go back to CP and RSPCA. Tell them puss is safe for now but needs to come to them, or go straight to a new home, soon.

Others will be along with more (prob much better) ideas soon.

(Good to hear from you by the way. I was only wondering recently how things were with the kittens? Perhaps you'll post and let us know)

Good luck

Catsey Junior

27-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #4

I'm in bits, no one sees any of this as their problem.
I have taken in the son (he is a lovely lad that sadley this has happened to before)
The parents are hopeless.
I work with a co-ordinator for cat protection league but she is full.
The area they were living in has answerphone on saying call tonight between 7 and 9.
other local charity is chock a block.
Afraid the rspca will put him down, but I really can't take him, not just wont, I have him here now but it looks like a war zone, My own cats have had to be shut out and I am torn to shreds!
He is an entire Tom cat so I suppose my cats feel very uneasy with him,
Really need a temp. home for him whilst Dad and Son sort out accomodation.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #5

Oh dear what a situation! I'm afraid I can't think of anymore to add to Emm's and DM's suggestions but I'd like to wish you all the luck in the world getting this sorted out.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #6

Not an ideal answer, but can you shut hm in a room on his own, until you find somewhere for him to go?

Catsey Junior

27-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Not an ideal answer, but can you shut hm in a room on his own, until you find somewhere for him to go?
With the help of two blankets and more blood shed I have got him into a cat carrier.
Not ideal but I have now got him shut in a bedroom. What the heck I can do with him from here I don't know.
I'm sitting here in tears because I don't know where else to turn.
I must have rung 20 numbers today and no one wants to take him.
He is one ANGRY cat but I suppose he must be a kitty when he settles down?
Its just so frustrating, I have enough with taking in another teenager lol
I really wish I didn't care too much.
arrrgh wallowing self pitying post!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #8

Yvonne, we all feel for you in this situation.....pour out all your worries and concerns as we are here to listen and try to help you......also it will make you feel easier knowing that you are sharing it. We care very much for you and this unfortunate cat and hopefully someone on here may be able to come up with a better or more suitable suggestion for you soon. ((((hugs))))x

Catsey Junior

27-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #9

No one will take him, the poor thing is still in a cat carrier, he wont let any one near him. Its heartbreaking, my partner is now home from work and is carrying on the 'phone calling.
He can't sit in a box much longer and I can't let him out!
I have as a last resort got the caravan kitted out with food, water and cat litter for the night and he will have to go in there.
Not great but maybe better out on the streets as he is miles from home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-10-2006, 09:32 PM   #10

It sounds perfect...He will probably calm down in there...