Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #11

Re: I give in

Alex - will your vet not take stage or deferred payments? Many will - and if your current one doesn't I'm sure you'll find one that does! The PDSA is a good route - if you can't afford treatment they will often cover most of the cost for you.

Good luck m'dear - I hope it works out all right both for you and for Teddy/Teddina.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #12

The vet wont take stage payments and I've phoned round a efw and none of them will, too many people not paying. The funny fact is about the PDSA is that although their head office is in Telford, they dont have an actual surgery here, you have to join a vet which will accept the scheme and then send away to join PDSA and it takes up to 3 months to clear, not much help just now. I've calmed down a bit now but still worried.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #13

Alex do you know how much the sample is going to cost??

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #14

Its supposed to be around £30 I think. I've contacted my local Provident agent, so hopefully manage to get it somehow, but I'm kind of maxed out there at the moment. Never mind, something will turn up soon, thats the great thing about being a Church goer, hope springs eternal, lol!

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #15

Alex, email me your vets address and phone number together with your name and address and I will send a cheque for £30 to them to cover the cost of the sample.

email address EJG@Supanet.com

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #16

Emma, thank u very much for you very kind offer, but I cant accept it. Honestly, thats not what I was looking for when I came on here to rant and rave, lol, I just needed to sound off a bit. The offer means a tremendous amount though and I really thank you for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #17

Don't be too hard on yourself, Alex; you're doing the very best you can in difficult circomstances, no one could do better. and you have a loving dughter who understands...you will make it up to her, and she's learned a good lesson about compassion. Lots of (((hugs))) to you both!

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Emma, thank u very much for you very kind offer, but I cant accept it. Honestly, thats not what I was looking for when I came on here to rant and rave, lol, I just needed to sound off a bit. The offer means a tremendous amount though and I really thank you for it.
Alex I knew that wasn't what you were looking for when you posted up about Teddy, and I know you are genuine in the problem you face. I give money to the RSPCA by way of donations every month but I would rather help somebody when I know the money will go straight for the care of the animal rather than a large organization.

I understand your reasons for declining the offer and my offer to you still stands, if you need to call on it then don't hesitate to ask.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #19

Sometimes life seems very unfair.
When you got Teddy you thought you were getting a happy healthy new member of your feline family and now you find yourself landed with who knows what.
Accept Emma's offer - she is very kind and unselfish. We have know that since she joined the forum and started to undertake all those cat portraits without accepting payment or presents. (Accept it on the basis of 'Pay it forward', which is how we should all live. Accept a favour from one person, pay it forward to another who needs it, at the appropriate time. Payment doesn't have to be munitary.) At least you are likely to get more understanding of the problem and know exactly what you are facing. Decision time then. Maybe start to distance yourself emotionally? Love and cuddle the puss, take care of him just as ever but call him 'the kitten' rather than his name, don't try to project forward too much.
I would be worried by the ambiguity of Teddy's genitalia ... what is happening inside if the outside isn't clear.
Take care (((hugs)))

and this is a great place to sound off, and sometimes writing it down clears your thoughts x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #20

Hi Alex, sorry you are having such a tough time and facing some difficult decisions. ((hugs)) to you. Life can be so difficult sometimes, since my OH was made redundant, money for us has been very tight too. Having just lost £300+ to farepak I understand how you are feeling. I know you are proud and it is hard to accept offers of help, but people wouldn't offer if they couldnt afford it, and if it makes you feel better you could pay Emma back by instalments! I have used this forum to 'rant' if I am feeling upset, that's what so good about this place, people genuinely care and understand.

Please let us know how you get on.