Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #11

Re: Soggy Scottish Sunday

Afternoon all, 67 degrees here with a bit of a strong breeze. The sun keeps thinking about coming out then hiding behind a cloud again.
Me and K got into a bit of a tiff last night. I slept in the ferret room and we haven't spoken of it since. Looks like he stayed up late watching movies and is passed out now. Kind of glad because I don't quite feel like dealing with it yet
My car is still not working. Something is really wrong and draining the battery so it can not properly hold a charge. Maybe that is why we are on each other's nerves--first off, we're both home all the time now and second, I'm a little on edge having to work things out with him anytime I want to go somewhere
Found a new author I like--Jeanine McMullen. Finished her first book last night and then dove into the second one straight away. Love her description of life on the farm and her humor about things.
I'm quite impressed with Kuan Yin as I can pet both her and Solomon at the same time and not a hint of jealousy. The only time she seems to get annoyed with him is if he follows her a bit too closely sometimes or starts play when she'd rather nap That's not often though, most of the time they are happily keeping each other busy. Their new game is "kitty soccer" (batting a toy mouse around and "passing" it to each other and such..looks like a real sport!) and I think Kuan Yin is experiencing second kittenhood as she gets very excited watching Solomon's antics and can't help but join in. Sometimes she will look like she's cheering him on while he carries on mock attacking something, quite a spectator she is. Never imagined they'd get on this well. Got some pics of her relaxing with Hestia yesterday I need to upload. Their relationship has improved too, no pressure on Hestia to be a young thing and entertain the Mau, she's got her paws full now with Solomon!!
Have a good day, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #12

sorry to hear about your car, Tink and also your falling out with K. Hopefuly things will get back on track soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #13

Sorry also, Tink; hope it will get better. I guess the 24/7 can get a bit wearing since he was always used to going to work .....

Glad Hestia is enjoying her break while KY is occupied with the New Boy!

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #14

it is okay, i think with all that's gone on we were overdue for it. and there is a lot of adjustment to us both being home all day together.
i love him but i also take comfort in the fact i know i have a place to go with my animals and be around family if it ever gets to be too much. was thinking last night about the logistics of visiting family for a week or something but not sure if it'd be worth all the hassle of bringing all the animals things just for a little break. we've just both been pushed beyond our comfort levels in all kinds of ways. sometmes i think we get along better than we did before all this health stuff happened and other times i wonder how long we can stand each other this way it's normal, i guess

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #15

I've never been in a situation like that, Tink, so can't really comment except to say that I'm in awe at your strength and the way you've coped with all the disasters.....

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #16

thank you but i think the animals have been my anchor. they keep me grounded and from doing anything foolish or completely losing it...i know if i go crazy then they will have a crazy mum and that's not fair to them so.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #17

((((HUGS)))) Tink - I sometimes feel unable to escape and I would have gone doolally before now if it hadn't been for the cats. They do, as you say, keep you grounded and raise many a smile too!