Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #1

Monday Monday . . .

La laaa, la la la laaa!

Sun is shining after a pretty dismal weekend. We got rained off the beach on Friday due to the most almighty storm and downpour, Saturday was drizzly and cold and yesterday I was very unwell with a really nasty bout of vertigo.

Still back to business today - OH has taken Dominik up to Gola dell Infernaccio (Hell's Gorge - not really, just very dramatic moutain walks through waterfalls etc). http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaspa/4798498807/

I'm going to splash around in the pool now with Sebi . . . catch you later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #2

Re: Monday Monday . . .

Wow thats quite a walk, with beautiful scenery sure they will enjoy that. I would be in quite a dilema trying to decide walk or pool...........think the walk would win.
Sorry you were poorly, but seems you have ralied.

Back out in the front garden today weather about the best its been since last Wed, not doing to much. Slowly surely.

As always have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #3

Morning all.
Sorry to hear you weren't well Yola and am glad your ok again now and can enjoy the rest of your hols.
Hope you have a good time in the garden, Kazz. The weather is lovely here too. Just back from Malaika's walk, didn't get much walking done as she was able to meet up with her friends and have a romp.
Back into the doll room now, would rather be outdide but i need to get it finished.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #4

Hi all - nice day here too atm. Best day of the week according to last night's forecast.

Went up to the PYO and the raspberries are picked out! Got some plums instead and have put one load in vodka, stewed some to go with breakfast cereal and have enough left for a tarte or to put in brandy ......................... you lot will think we're alcoholics, but they do make excellent C-word presents! So we don't drink it all ourselves

Need to Stronghold/Advantage the cats - major op now with 3 - we did have fun programming Harley into the cat flap this morning and we have to wait to be sure it's worked properly! He is looking so much better for regular food. His white fur is white and he has quite a shine coming on his black fur. He is definitely taking better care with his grooming. He does have a strange "thing" under his chin - not sure what that could be. He will have to go back to the vet to start his inoculations so I will ask then. Catching him now he's wise to it may be more of a struggle! Pip is easy to do but Kizzy hates the Advantage spot on and I have to get behind her as she's a great "backer-out" of being held! She's fine with it though, and has not reacted like she might have done to the Stronghold.

Anyway, that's my project today ............ and going to pick tomatoes in the greenhouse. Will be back later. Have a good day.

I'd have gone for the walk too - what amazing scenery! Lucky Domi and Yola's OH. Sorry to hear you were not too good yesterday Yola, perhaps the change in weather was to blame. Glad you are better today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #5

Afternoon all, got online at last, for some reason my broadband was off Neighbours house alarm has been on & off too, strange goings on!

Good weather day so mowed the lawn and weeded the beds this morning. then to ASDA for cat litter, food and then to the opticians for my new glasses. So I've been busy.

Yola, glad you are having a great holiday
Angie, how long does the Stronghold last, Posh was done some time last year, I think November, no fleas or nits seen but she's been scratching a bit. I put it down to the heat.
Kazz, take the recovery slooowly, good day to feet up and chillax

See you later xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #6

Sunny and pleasant here after yesterday's dank gloom, 27 C (81 F), not humid, but more of those Godawful t'storms coming this afternoon with straight line winds and drenching rain; praying no power loss! If I vanish you'll know why. We've had a rash of very powerful storms this season, far more than normal. No errands, just did some chores.

I'd have definitely opted for the pool, Yola. Sorry you were poorly and glad you're better now. A pity the raspberries were gone, Angie; glad Harley is doing well, good luck with Kizzy. Take it easy Kazz, a good book and the garden!

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #7

Well been out in the garden with my cushion my trowel bag of cement, spray bottle of water and paint brush.....putting cement between the slabds, then brushing it in and spaying the water on top.....a long winded job but saves such a lot of hassle with the weed fight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #8

PP - the Stronghold is just the usual monthly spot-on. I prefer it because it gets rid of ticks and lice and worms except for tapeworm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #9

not much going on here today.
the fair is here this week. i kind of want to go but i'm not sure if i can talk k into it. electric wheelchair rental is $25 a day...hmmm. we really need to get him his own scooter soon. the ones offered at stores are never charged fully and the cane only gets him so far before he needs to sit.
86 degrees, it's supposed to be cooler today, we'll see
have a good one, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #10

Hi folks - quick pop on - just back from lovely break in Islay and Jura. Loads of pics, we had great weather and are happy and relaxed.