Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday!

We're promised a bright sunny day today here in Hampshire so maybe summer hasn't quite finished yet! Not too hot though, about 22ish. Daft Molly was out in yesterday's thunderstorm sheltering from the rain under her favourite conifer, I don't think she'll be facing that sort of weather today.

Son and fiancee are passing through today so we'll meet up for lunch. They're going to the wedding venue to make some final decisions on table setting or menu or something and then whizzing back to London so no time for a long get-together. Weddings are getting so complicated (and competitive?) these days. It seems as though their house purchase (3rd time lucky, fingers crossed) is coming along ok but they're still wary having lost out twice before at the last minute with vendors pulling out

Only 2 months to go and I've not bought my outfit yet though I have managed to put back half the weight I lost last Autumn!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday!

Morning MrsH.
Sounds like a busy day there, glad the weather is good. Leave the outfit buying till the fortnight before, make a few choices in shops check them out but don't buy till the fortnight before.......you will look fantastic.

Seems even though the "credit crunch" is still in eveidence there seems to be a lot of gazumping with property going on, hope they get the deal sealed its stressful.

Weather is okay here rained really heavy during the night but okay now still showers every now and again. Not doing anything again today - getting really lazy
Making a few planting plans for the front. Thats about it.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #3

Morning MrsH - Morning everybody else.

I agree about weddings being complicated and competitive - and expensive!!! Do you have any ideas what type of outfit you would like? My mum bought her dress from Jacques Vert. Well done about the weight loss !! at least you haven't put it all back on. you should be proud that you are LESS than this time last Autumn, also you still have a couple of months if you want to lose some more weight.

Not a great deal planned for today - going to do our seating plan for our UK reception which is next Sunday also I have got some clothing to put on ebay.

Have a good day everybody.

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #4

Emma, funny you mentioning Jacques Vert that's exactly where I'm thinking of looking! There's a Jacques Vert shop in nearby Farnham so there should be a lot more choice there than in their sections within dept. stores. I think I'll start some serious looking in mid September.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #5

Morning all! Bright and windy here today. Pip and Harley have been "sort of" trying to play together. Both want to, but are unsure of each other. Pip tried to invite Harley to play football with a ping pong ball, but got fed up waiting, so decided to play with me and his tunnel. I rub my foot along the outside and he pounces inside. We were engrossed in this game and Harley pounced on Pip from behind - Pip, taken quite unawares jumped out the front of the tunnel like a missile! And looked quite startled. Another camcorder opportunity missed!

Looking for tomato and chilli relish recipes atm - can anyone recommend a really good one?

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #6

MrsH - they do great dresses - also Kaleidoscope also do a good range of Jacques Vert clothing - usually with money off, also I think Debenhams online as well.

http://www.kaleidoscope.co.uk/Jacques-Vert/productlist.stm?N=681+739+746+4294965734&Nu=P%5FMa sterItem&showSubCatLanding=false

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #7

Just checked debenhams they have more than Kaleidoscope.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...jac ques+vert

There is a lovely hot pink dress on the last page...

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...xtjacques+vert

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #8

OMG this is a gorgeous fascinator (although a bit pricey)

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...488+P1D9210_-1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #9

Emma with your love of clothes ever thought of taking a sideline??? my niece reminds me so much of you or vice versa ask Sophie anything clothing "based" and she is like a limpet...until she thinks you have what you need....but boy is the girl honest she says "nope not your style" her nice way of saying "Urgghhh"

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #10

Emma, I think you could have a job as my personal shopper! I've seen that pink dress but unfortunately the bride hates pink and has forbidden me to wear it (in the nicest possible way!) A shame really as I always feel that fuchsia pink is my signature colour Still, it's her big day and she'll want to look back at the wedding photos and enjoy what she sees, not cringe and fume! At my wedding my MIL (ignoring custom and good taste ) turned up in white!!! I was furious as she wouldn't discuss her outfit with me beforehand and I still feel a little bit of that annoyance now when I look at our wedding photos, and that was 40 years ago.

I've told the bride I'll wear whatever colour she wants me to as long as it's not beige! (or pale sage as that's what her Mum is wearing)