Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #1

Now it is Friday !

Afternoon all.
Just back from Malaika's playdate We met up with the other dog walkers again this morning and Malaika got to play with a dozen other dogs, great fun. She rolled one side of her face in something black and smelly so had to have her face and paw washed (she was bleeding a tiny bit)
She's worn out now so i should get some jobs done, into the doll room again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #2

Re: Now it is Friday !

Morning Shelley! It's still dry here, but black clouds keep gathering. Wonder if I will be able to get the towels dry today?

We have a new "fish man"! Hooray! This is a chap who brings his fresh fish selling van to the car park at the farm shop. The "old fish man" had retired a while ago, so it's a treat to be able to buy fresh fish locally again. Got some nice cod fillets for supper with home grown potatoes and runner beans. Will bake the cod with a bit of white wine and fennel (also home grown).

Went to the chemist and eventually have managed to collect the prescriptions - they took 8 working days from doctor's surgery to chemist when they are meant to take no longer than 3 days! MIL had her last antipsychotics last night, so skin of the teeth.

I was going to the PYO this afternoon, but have urgent typing, so will go tomorrow instead.

Have a good day everyone. How many dolls do you have left to clean Shelley, or shouldn't I ask?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #3

Slightly overcast here after a sunny start to the day

Took Cassie to the Cattery this morning, her run looks out on to a small field full of wild flowers with loads of butterflies fluttering about - it will be a case of look but can't touch so that will keep her amused!

Hope everyone has a good and safe Friday 13th!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #4

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Just managed to get all my outside work done before a really dark cloud loomed over and threw a shower. My dad helped me erect a small greenhouse, self assembly job, just plastic and steelpipe frame with a fitted tarpauline type of cover, 6' x4'6'' with 4 shelves inside but hope it will do for frost protection and germination on a small scale.

Ceri's been for a long walk so is v tired now and snoozing in front of the telly with Midsomer on in the background.

Have booked Posh's holiday stay in the local cattery for our trip to Exmouth in October. She's never stayed in one before but this has a good name and it's only for 4 nights. Usually my parents will look after her as they are doing next week, but we are going all 4 of us to Exmouth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #6

Beware of Friday the 13th!!

Dismal and dank here today: 23 C (73 F), much cooler than it should be, and 88% humidity. We had a second round of t'storms last evening, less violent, then more rain this morning; really weird weather. No errands so could sleep late and just potter.

The flea trap came yesterday; only caught few so far, good because that means they haven't multiplied Will post a pic later.

Be careful today and have a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #7

A greenhouse PP - how exciting! You could order some plug plants for winter bedding now .............. how is the greenhouse ventilated - just in case we get some more warm weather?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #8

Well the decorator today has done the first coat on the walls I chose what I thought was a warm, buttery, creamy yellow and now it's on the walls it looks acidic, lemony, almost limey I'll suppose I'll get used to it and to be fair it looks different whether it's in bright light or dark corners but my goodness, it's a bit of a shock!! Never go by the colour on a colour chart, get a trial pot, that's my advice!

Lots of rain today so I've spent some time online choosing us a new car, all I need now is lots and lots of money

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #9

It's just got a roll-up door Angie, it's not an expensive one, but I hope it will suffice. Hot weather, oh that will be nice I'll worry about the ventilation then, Will take a pic and post later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #10

Hi, all. Not much planned here today. The sun can't decide whether to come out or hide behind a cloud. Got my new checkbook cover in the mail (it has kittens playing on it, much cuter than what the bank gives you ). Was a bit too busy yesterday for my read in the garden so maybe I'll get to it today if the sun cooperates. Doggies had some accidents in the living room last night, that usually only happens if me and K are both passed out cold and neither of us wakes up to let them out when they bark..I'm going to blame the good sit down dinner outing we had
I think Kuan Yin has a new shadow, Solomon can't stand it if they're not in the same room and he can't see her Still waiting to hear when I will get my award money for the disability case, they are not very quick even though a decision has already been made. Mostly because my mom needs to have knee surgery and they've asked me for money so she can afford to take two weeks off work and I'd really like to help them out. Despite Monkey's recent diagnosis, he seems to be feeling better, I think the Lupron injection really helped him. Vet told me it will make him feel good for several months at a time so that is good to know at least he is comfortable while we wait to sort things out with biopsy and possible surgery. He seems more affectionate and bright eyed so that is promising.
Have a good day, everyone