Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #11

Re: Nearly Friday, Thursday

It was blessedly short but very violent, Tink; only lasted about 15 minutes but we got 1.29" rain. The really big trees on my street that I used to worry about have either come down in previous storms or been taken down, so that's one less thing to fret about; the replacements are quite young.

Leia normally isn't bothered at all by thunder and lightning; she wasn't in bed with me this morning. She's on mouse patrol downstairs, as she should be after my posting that embarrassing pic of the mouse!

The librarians may laugh but they love people like us.

Enjoy the garden and the book!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #12

Re: Nearly Friday, Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Just been and tried the berries they're good! Not overly sweet but then they've been in the fridge since before lunch and they're icy cold so not perhaps the best conditions to test them Wonder why there were shrivelled ones on the bushes you saw?

I quite like the idea of going to PYO for raspberries but our local one closed down some time ago so I would have to go further afield (and I'm not sure I could cope with raspberry jam as well )
I would guess lack of water - it has been very dry down here until very recently.

I would recommend raspberry jam if you can gear up for another batch. It is lovely and a glorious colour! However I am happy to pass on the raspberry vodka recipe if you'd prefer!!! It's very easy and no cooking is involved.