Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #1

Nearly Friday, Thursday

Silly title, i know
I'm not wishing the day away, honest. Who knows what today may bring.
Finishing off my cuppa, Malaika's having a stuffed Kong for Brekkie, Tom and Jerry have had theirs.Then it's a quick Dog walk before i disappear into the Doll room again, think i'm winning now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: Nearly Friday, Thursday

Good title Shelley Although Thursday is my day when Ceri is at the Day unit. Sorted out my trousers this morning, all those bargain buys that you stuff away and then when you go to wear them they need shortening Got rid of a few 'tired' pairs too,where the cat has snagged them or the button's broke etc.

Back on the Netbook today, now the laptop is playing up- what is it with computers, do they have a conspiracy against me?? my paranoia is overwhelming today.

Will have lunch out with my friend in ASDA's cafe and put the clothes in the recycling there later. Fancy Yola seeing the Perseid shower, lucky girl. Wonder if we'll stand a chance. it's v cloudy here today.

Good luck with your doll collection Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #3

Hi Shelley, PP. OH and I just back from our R&R. We went to the Nature Reserve at Kingley Vale and walked right to the top! A bit of a struggle up for me, but coming down was a dream - top to bottom in about 15 mins where it had taken a couple of hours to get to the top! We'd sat and had our sandwiches at the top, looking at the splendid view of the coastline and all the branches of the harbour. Saw clear to the Isle of Wight. It was a bit windy and cool up there and we did think we felt a few spots of rain, but what do you know, no sooner do we get home than the sun comes out! Great day though and I feel pleased with myself for managing it without too much of a problem with my breathing. Carpets of wild marjoram all over the place and lots of little blue harebells. There were a few butterflies and bees, but there should have been squillions.

Anyway, cuppa tea and then I have to finish off transcription work and see if any more has arrived!

Enjoy your doll cleaning Shelley and your lunch PP. As you say, it's nearly Friday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #4

Morning, ladies! Woke up to a horrific t'storm, far worse than the one two weeks ago that caused all the damage. Rain pelting down in sheets, could not see across the street, and winds gusted at 70 mph!! But incredibly, not much tree damage or power loss. My bedroom curtains got soaked before I could close the windows, fortunately they're sheers and will dry soon. It's 25 C (77 F) now with some sun. Got to the bank, FedEx and the market, just relaxing now.

Angie, sounds like a very nice R & R today; PP, sorry your computers are conspiring against you! Happy cleaning, Shelley!

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #5

I like Friday the 13th idiots stay home.....

Seriously done nothing much today. Pottering really and "mind" planning the front garden planting ....."mind planting/planning" is something I have started doing since the Op....just requires imagination. ...no physical effort.

So done nothing much, mind you its been raining almost all day. Making a curry for dinner tonight...well sauce from a jar but I am cooking the chicken rice etc trying a fair few different curry sauces...so any recomendations welcome...nothing hot hot but taste welcomed.

As always have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #6

Kazz - my particular favourite curry sauce is Patak's Jalfrezi! IMO it tastes just like a good take-away. With prawns for a very quick curry, I like Patak's Balti.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #7

Your walk sounds lovely Angie, glad you managed the uphill bits without trouble.

This morning OH said that he'd pop out and have a look at a canalside area near Aldershot where he collected blackberries last year. So, I now have about 6lbs of them in the fridge, jam making is definitely on the cards at the weekend, just need to buy apples and loads of sugar tomorrow.

I've chosen the colour for the walls in the hall, Dulux Banana Smoothie (great name ) it's a warm creamy yellow, hope I like it once it's on the walls!

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #8

We saw loads of blackberries, shrivelled on the brambles. I'd tried one ripe berry last week and it was bitter. Tried another further into the valley today - where the ground was damper. The berry was not bitter but I wouldn't have said it was sweet. Have you tried the berries MrsH before you go to all the trouble of making jam?

We are going up to the pick your own tomorrow for raspberries as ours are not good this year. Need to get some for the raspberry vodka!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
We saw loads of blackberries, shrivelled on the brambles. I'd tried one ripe berry last week and it was bitter. Tried another further into the valley today - where the ground was damper. The berry was not bitter but I wouldn't have said it was sweet. Have you tried the berries MrsH before you go to all the trouble of making jam?

We are going up to the pick your own tomorrow for raspberries as ours are not good this year. Need to get some for the raspberry vodka!
Just been and tried the berries they're good! Not overly sweet but then they've been in the fridge since before lunch and they're icy cold so not perhaps the best conditions to test them Wonder why there were shrivelled ones on the bushes you saw?

I quite like the idea of going to PYO for raspberries but our local one closed down some time ago so I would have to go further afield (and I'm not sure I could cope with raspberry jam as well )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #10

Wow Eileen that storm sounds insane, 70 mph winds...!!! That's when I start staring worriedly out the window at all the trees that are within range of the house Glad you didn't lose power and there was no incident on your end. What does Leia think of storms?
Not much planned here today. Have a whole load of books I picked up from the library yesterday. You know it's bad when the librarian is making fun of how many books you check out
It's finally stopped being overcast and sunny enough to sit outside again so I just might do that with a book. After all the animal chores are done first, of course
Have a good day, everyone.