Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #1

Whoo Hoo Wednesday

Well Morning all.

Plans for working on the front garden today........Will post some picture maybe tomorrow.
After gardening well - building I think covers the term rather than gardening as its far from pottering with a basket and a pair of cutters in hand, weaing a floppy hat.

Then a nice shower and aqua aerobics tonight.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #2

Re: Whoo Hoo Wednesday

Morning Kazz! I am off to the gym in 15 mins or so and must pop in to the garden centre on my way home. I bought a lovely phormium yesterday and need a pot for it!

Enjoy your aquarobics tonight. Not sure whether there will be a QUIZ tonight, as some of our regular players are away, but we shall see. I am optimistic!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #3

Nice dry day today so a long afternoon walk for us after lunch. Yesterday's jam set nice and firm, hope it tastes ok! There was nothing like the amount of rhubarb OH had led me to believe and I only got 5 jars in the end.

The decorator's working well in the hall, amazing how quickly the professionals work, and cleanly too! none of the mess that OH and I manage to make

Don't overdo it in the garden Kazz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #4

Hope you have a good day in the garden, Kazz. I did aqua aerobics years ago and it was realy good. Yoga for me tonight.
MrsH, hope you have a good walk this afternoon.
Angie, have a good work out. I finish yoga officialy at 8.30 but last week was home by 8.15 so will try to pick up the quiz if it goes ahead, don't wait for me i will join in at whatever point you are up to.
Found a great place to take Malaika, i bumped into a lady in Preston who told me she and some other Dog owners meet up in a park local to us.I have been twice this week and it's great to be able to let Malaika off to run with other friendly Dogs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #5

Lovely day for walks and gardening girls We took a stroll to the postbox to send off a few letters and it did us the power of good. Bad news is my little Netbook is playing up so I'm using the old laptop with the dodgy key board that means I have to edit this whole post later and it takes ages.

I'll try and join in the Quiz tonight coz there's only footie on the telly but my answers will look very garbled

Bacon and fresh runner beans for lunch.My peas aren't hitting the pan because I'm nibbling them raw after podding Very small & sweet they are too. Will definitely plant more next year. What does the phorium look like and is it perennial?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #6

http://www.smgrowers.com/products/pl...?plant_id=1244

Here's some info PP on the phormium. Some peeps might think phormiums are boring, but I love the sword shaped leaves and the fact that they are very hardy! I'm also intrigued by how you can make linen out of them - their common name is New Zealand flax. I think mine will have to grow a bit bigger first before I try!!! I'll take a photo once I've potted it up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #7

Hi all. Another lovely warm morning, 30 C (85 F). Today is our 51st day of plus 90F weather this Summer. The heat haters are moaning... no errands today, slept in, had breakfast on the porch and paid bills, nothing new or exciting going on.

How nice to have all that jam, MrsH. Angie, that's an interesting foliage plant; had never heard of it. Hope to see you at the quiz tonight, PP.
There is nothing like fresh garden peas, is there? Kazz, enjoy your aerobics.

Have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #8

Thanks for the info on the NewZealand flax, Angie. It's a nice looking plant and may do well in one of my large pots

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #9

Angie, I think that looks like the same phormium we have in the garden. It was in a pot for years but not doing too well, last year we put it in one of the the borders (the sunny,light soil, rather stony one) and it's doing much better now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #10

I have an ever-growing New Zealand Flax in my front garden; seems to love thin soil and dry conditions.

A hot day here in Le Marche which was broken by a monster thunderstorm. Thankfully no loss of power as I was cooking dinner at the time! The mist is rising beautifully in the valley now as a result of the downpour.

Both boys had a late night - they were in bed by 11 whilst we staggered into the garden here and watched the shooting stars flying by. AND the milky way was visible clearly AND also Jupiter I was blown away, amazing!

OH is immersed in the book I haven't been able to put down for the last 3 days; Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (Time Travellers' Wife) . . . amazing book - a wonderful ghost story.

Off to bed shortly as the post-midnight star gazing has left me very tired.