Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #1

Tuesday~ bright n early :)

Good morning, up with the larks, well 6.30ish , just couldn't settle back so done a few chores around here.
Will cancel the vet visit today, Posh's lethargy and sniffles has cleared up and last night she got all skittish, did a massive deposit in her litter tray, then disappeared out to sit in the rain & refusing to come in No more noisy snores in the night so I'll save myself the consultation fee at least! Kids, uh!

The weather folk have promised a dry , bright day... I'm not convinced

Only food shopping today but have a nice night out lined up, out for a curry with my girlfriends My bro is looking after Ceri.

Tink, sounds like you're having a rough time of it, you're in my thoughts and prayers. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday~ bright n early :)

'Morning PP. It's been pouring here and only just stopped, our forecast isn't good at all for the rest of the day either! Good to hear that Posh is better today.

I have no real plans for today, need some milk and bread so have to pop out at some point but that's about it. Yesterday evening OH said there was a lot of rhubarb that needed using up so I got the jam pan out and will be making rhubarb and ginger jam tonight, blackberry and apple maybe next week!

Hope you enjoy your curry tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #3

Morning all been out already this morning and home again now for breakfast.
Have a good day all.

Oh meant to say my BIL is off to book us in for a Boxing day meal at a nice resturant..........and do you know what they have already got the palce half booked already and its August.
My brother and his family are not coming they are off to Spain on boxing day.....so just the 11 of us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #4

A quick hello from a scorching Pedaso beach! I'm browning nicely

Off to a local festival tonight as several villages/towns nearby us will be celebrating 'shooting star' night - aparently one of the 2 nights when most shooting stars will be visible. In Pedaso this week they have a clam and polenta festival; next week it's mussels! Love all these celebrations!

Sorry to read the weather down south isn't the best. At least my allotment is having plenty to drink.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #5

Nice to hear from you Yola, glad you're having a great time and hope you see some shooting stars tonight.
PP i'm glad to hear Posh is feeling better. I was sorry to read about Ceri's vision problems yeasterday, poor man.
Been to town this morning and bought myself and Howard waterproof jackets for our hols.
Just having a sit down and catch up before i prepare a salad for tea, my parents are coming.

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #6

I don't think we'll be seeing much of the Perseid shower in Hampshire tonight, too many rain showers about!

Sounds as though the Italian holiday is agreeing with you Yola, just R-E-L-A-X

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #7

Good to hear you're having a lovely time, Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #8

Another lovely Summer morning: 28 C(84 F), sunny and a nice breeze. To the Safeway supermarket for things Whole Foods doesn't carry, then home to just potter. I should be in the garden but cannot find my pruning shears...

Yola, good to hear from you... enjoy, especially the mussels, love them! PP, glad Posh is better; Kazz, am dumbfounded that people are already making plans for after Xmas! How many jars of jam will you put up this season, MrsH? Have a nice tea, Shelley.

Will have a look for the Perseids tonight, but with our light polluuion I doubt seeing any ... never have!

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
How many jars of jam will you put up this season, MrsH?
Really not sure Eileen. Just enough to last the two of us about a year. I'll be doing about 8-9 of the rhubarb and ginger and probably about the same of the blackberry and apple, don't think it'll be as soon as next week though now. I had a good look this afternoon and it's only one area where the blackberries are ripe so I'll possibly pick and freeze until there are enough for jam then I can make the kitchen all sticky again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #10

morning, all. overcast and still here.
not much planned for today. hopefully i can get k to charge my car battery so i can run out to the library and the feed store for some litter. otherwise i'll have to ask him to drive me and much as i love him things don't get done the way i like it to if i have to wait for him.
his parents are coming over this afternoon for a visit. think his mom will be taking power of attorney for his medical and government records as it stresses him very much and he is not a people person and i barely survived my own paperwork and do not have the energy to do his as well.
the birds are teasing the cats again, landing on the window screen. Today I heard the first meow out of Solomon that was not high pitched and babyish, maybe he is starting to turn into a little man now
have a good day, everybody. i hope you all are well.