Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #1

Funky Friday

Afternoon all,
at last i can get on with my life. We have finaly booked a holiday, i seem to have spent hours on the computer trying to find somewhere. We fancied either Whitby or Scotland and as Whitby was full we are off to Scotland on the 21 st.
We are staying in a caravan on Tralee Beach site, 15 mins from Oban.
Malaika is coming with us so Tom and Jerry will get a week Dog free
Off to the local farm shop now for fruit and veggie, then Doll roon cleaning again.
Realy need to find some time to catch up on Catsey, haven't a clue whats going on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #2

Re: Funky Friday

Hi all, I missed you yesterday as I had a busy day out for a change. Ceri was in Day Care and I had Tom for the day. Had a few things to do in town then we decided to go to the cinema. We saw Cats and Dogs 2. in 3D, which was very funny and laughed a lot.

Enjoy your Scottish holiday Shelley, we journeyed up to the Trossachs one year and had a wonderful time on Loch Katrine, all around Rob Roy country. No plans to holiday this summer but will be travelling to Plymouth on the 19th for a wedding and may call back for a night's stay in our daughter's caravan in North Devon if Ceri is up to it.

Just hope the weather steadies up, some days it's cold or windy and rainy, other days are mild and humid... no wonder I have the sniffles today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #3

Hi Shelley, PP! Glad you've booked your holiday Shelley. We have nothing planned - haven't yet plucked up the courage to leave MIL with a live-in carer. Maybe when we get desperate. Means major sorting of spare room and we'd have to buy a bed too!!! Doesn't mean that I don't like hearing about other peoples' holidays though.

Weather is miserable here atm - drizzly rain and very gloomy. I have my light on here in the office. Missing the dry weather - going to take ages for the towels to dry - I'd taken hanging things out on the line a bit for granted, it's been quite a while since I had to use the tumble dryer.

OH and I have planted C*******s potatoes in bags as an experiment, I have autumn carrots and another line of parsley to get in this month.

Sorry you have the sniffles PP - hope they snuffle off very quickly.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #4

Enjoy your holiday Shelley! We're not going anywhere, we don't always go away, it can be such a hassle sometimes and it all falls on me! besides we've spent so much on the house this year with rewiring, bathroom, boiler etc. However, I have this morning booked up a holiday in Cornwall for next June, I wanted to make sure of getting somewhere we could take the dog so that's why I did it so early. Better make sure I book the cats in somewhere too, there's a cattery quite near that's FAB approved so I'll check that one out first.

Having a rush around with sorting stuff as the decorator starts in the hall and stairs next week, a few more trips to the charity shop this weekend I think. Might as well clear the decks as best I can before he starts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #5

Hi all. Sunny and beautiful this morning, 27 C (81 F), lower humidity. We did get very bad t'storms yesterday, downed trees and power lines all over again, but the worst of it bypassed my area, thank goodness. The roofer was here and the leak fixed finally, I hope. No errands today, just pottering about and picking a few ripe tomatoes for lunch.

Glad you have your holiday booked Shelley, and you too MrsH for next year. I don't enjoy travelling myself but as Angie said, it's nice to hear about others. PP, sorry about the sniffles.

Getting noticeably darker earlier now, sun sets at 8:14 ...

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

06-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #6

Hi Eileen - so glad you didn't get power interruptions due to the storms.

It's tipping down here atm! Pip came in absolutely soaked. I dried him off, he had some biscuits and has gone out again. I think he's put out because Harley is here, comfy, warm and dry on OH's lap - which is where Pip should be.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #7

Poor Pip, sorry his nose is out of joint. It amazes me that he'll go out in the rain; all of mine acted as if rain were sulphuric acid! Except Sultan, who would walk in a drizzle, very annoyed and with his ears back, but not when it was tipping down. Hope Pip gets the lap back later .......

Catsey Veteran

06-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #8

At least Pip is back indoors now and curled up on a cushion here in the study with me. He's fast asleep. It's still raining!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #9

Afternoon all.

No rain here, but threatening. Phoned a few firms regarding the front garden remodel and two coming out Monday to give a quote, waiting for on more to come back to me.

Took Sal out and just had steak and chips for dinner - lovely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #10

MrsH, good to hear you have booked your holiday, for the last few years we have gone to Kefalonia but we felt Malaika was too young to leave with my parents this year.
Next year we are planning on another Basenji pup so i guess it will be a UK holiday for us again.
We are looking foward to holidaying with the Dog it's something we haven't done before but we get great pleasure from watching her enjoy herself.
We found a wide variation in costs for taking your dog ranging from free to £60 per week. The firm we are going with charges £3.00 per day.
Kazz, can't wait to hear your plans for the garden.
PP we visited Loch Katrine last year, it's very pretty.
Angie, glad Pip is Ok and back in the house, i understand what you mean about leaving your MIL with a carer, sometimes things are more trouble than they are worth.
Eileen i'm glad you have got your roof fixed.