Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #1

Tuesday, is it Tuesday?

Sorry, week is already scrambled because OH is playing golf this afternoon and he usually plays on Monday - although he used to play on Tuesday ............ it's enough to confuse a cat!

Anyway, weather started off very nice but, as usual lately, the cloud is building and it's getting grey and overcast. I would prefer a bit of rain. Having to water the pots every other day at least, more if it's windy too. Very odd weather globally it seems.

OH has taken MIL for her double GP appointment - to check if there are underlying physical causes to her lower than expected MMSE test. He will be champing at the bit to get away to the golf course this afternoon. Hopefully, MIL will be tired out by the unusual activity and will sleep this afternoon. She always plays up when her son is out and I am left in charge. Please keep your fingers crossed and send sleep vibes for her!

Have a good day whatever you're up to today! And don't forget to tell us all about it. Hope it's fun!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday, is it Tuesday?

Last night, sitting reading in bed, I had a very odd moment. I'd been sneezing, then got the hiccoughs, and then I noticed that my tinnitus had stopped! I've lived with it for over 2 decades now and it was really weird being able to hear the clock ticking clearly, without the incessant hissing in my head.

When I woke up this morning though, it was back again

What I need now is a way of inducing sneezing and hiccoughing on demand to see if I can control the pesky tinnitus

Nothing planned for today, hubby will be out all afternoon so I'll probably just put my feet up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #3

Hi, Angie, MrsH and those to follow. Still a bit cooler than normal here for August, 25 C (77 F), more clouds than sun and a bit humid. To the market and library, nothing special planned for the day.

MrsH, how weird abut the tintinnitis! It would be lovely to get rid of it; one of my aunts suffered from it too. Angie, funny how we can get mixed up and have a day feel like another one... I didn't shop Sunday so it didn't feel like Sunday and I forgot to place my grocery order which I always do on Sundays. Remembered it yesterday and my delivery slot was still available, thank goodness! I am sending BIG sleep vibes to MIL!

Have a safe nice day, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #4

Hi, everyone!
Payday so just gonna take care of some odds and ends I've been thinking about. I need K to jump my car first though, battery died b/c he accidentally left a light on inside the overhead..and I don't know how to do that so I guess I'm waiting till he wakes up
Had an odd day yesterday as I didn't sleep much and it threw my whole day off. Feel much better this morning.
A few light showers expected, a bit overcast and a high into the low 70s. That's about all, nothing impressive
Hope you all have a good one...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #5

I swear I replied to Angie before I went out....weird.

Anyhow nothing changed since this morning apart from I have been out now back instead of just going out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #6

After a good long sleep I feel much better today. Work and more optimizing of our website - it's a long, convoluted and thankless task! Am interviewing a junior chap tomorrow who might just be the right profile for taking over the tedious aspects of this work for me.

Well, I was a hero today Coming back from picking the boys up from holiday care, I came across a large dog wandering around on the road I pulled up on the pavement, got to get out of the car and he bounded across the road towards me. Not a major road, but a busy hill with parked cars and white-van tradesmen breaking the speed limit left, right a centre.

Dog was old, had a collar but no tag. He kept wanting to run into the road I kind of faltered on the pavement with him and thankfully this couple came out and said it was theirs and their builder had left the door open and let the dog out. Idiot. They were new to the area so the dog was understandably confused. Still - all's well.

Will update Fifi's thread later . . . news much as expected.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #7

Well done Yola! You were that dog's saviour today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #8

Great job, Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #9

Well done, Yola!~