Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #1

It's Friday

At home with both boys today. Scaffolders didn't turn up yesterday so if they come today they're going to have to battle past my washing line. I've a bit cross with the decorator as he's been very slapdash about things. Need to have a bit of a think about how to deal with this.

We're off for boy haircuts this morning - nothing drastic just a trim as out hosts in Italy tell me it's been between 30 and 40 degrees there so I don't want them to get too hot. Then off to the dentist - boys again. Domi's got some big teeth now so I want to make sure everything's growing ok and to get Sebi's recent bash on the face checked out (slight swelling still there and bad bruising inside his mouth).

Also plan to start buying odd bits of new uniform for the new school - Domi's new PE kit seems endless!

Cat sitter is coming later this afternoon to pick up keys so I'll be giving her a detailed brief on Fifi.

Have a lovely Friday - hope the sun's shining as much as it is here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #2

Re: It's Friday

Hi Yola, it's not great here, grey sky but some blue promised. Warm though, as I've ventured out to look for Posh as she was gone a long time and not eaten her breakfast. She was on a neighbours patio, no doubt enjoying the smell of fried bacon

So, when are you off to Italy, lucky thing you? REally wish we were having some of your sunshine breaking through. I can't cope with the heat but love sunny days. Good luck at the dentists, hope Sebi's mouth gets better soon. How is Fifi doing?

Off to visit my uncle in Bridgend, about 20 odd miles away from us and taking Ceri & my parents. His nibs is having a lie-in today but I'll make him shift now, he has to get ready & have his muesli, tea & tablets.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #3

Morning all thought I would be up late this morning given I was still out gone 12 last night, went out for a meal with friends and really enjoyed chatting. Off to the bank today deposit some money and then off to pay some bills. May get my eyebrows threaded if I can get in on spec.
Need to make a hairdressers appointment my hair has really grown since my cut and colour.

Yola your Summer holiday......WOW...... when you first mentioned it August seemed years away now its here.....wow.....I've lost a year. With the weather out there seems like sun lotion and hates are the order of the day. Whats the painter done? and will he be finished before you go or is he left continuing after you have gone?

PP. Enjoy your day visiting. How is it going life without paid work.

Everyone enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #4

The news here today is that Molly has started showing a bit more interest in the cat tree! (thanks in no small part to strategically placed cat-treats!) She has also managed to almost completely chew through the elastic holding the dangly ball, but then, this is the cat who regularly chews through computer cables I'll try to get a photo later on if she feels like cooperating that is.

Nothing much happening here, the washing machine is on, hubby is out cutting daughter's lawn, Morgan is asleep behind me on the sofa, and I'm going to put the kettle on and have a chocolate brownie. Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #5

Morning everyone.
Yola please soak up some sunshine for me when you get to Italy
Hope you enjoy your visit to your uncles PP.
Kazz, out till after midnight, well you dirty stop out
MrsH glad to hear Molly is showing an interest in the cat tree, will await pics. Chocolate Brownies sound great.
Walked the dog and am hoping she settles for a sleep soon so i can get on with jobs without crating her. At the moment she's rampaging through her toy box.
Going to start cleaning my doll collection, thee is at least a weeks work there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #6

Afternoon all! Jolly windy here today - good for drying the washing but have to keep a weather eye out in case it starts raining too - it's that sort of "I'm going to keep you guessing about the rain" sort of wind. Pip has been dashing about like a dervish - cats really don't like wind, do they? Kizzy, my lovely sensible girl (or is that lazy or just more laid-back?) is indoors on the bed, having a snooze. I have done household chores and am about to start my "proper" job now!

MIL's hairdresser is here, so she'll be kept out of trouble for half an hour!

Chocolate brownies? Yum! Please save one for me MrsH!

Have a good day everyone - weekend nearly here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
30-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #7

Hi all - home early as it is local holiday weekend and I finished work at 2.30 - woo hoo!

Yola - hope the boys hair and teeth are ok. Hope also Sebi's mouth is just bruised. Bet your holiday can't come soon enough.

Hope your weather is better at your uncles PP.

Kazz, are you just getting a cut or new style? Always think threading eyebrows sounds funny (just my SOH)

MrsH Molly just doesn't want you to think she'd get too excited over that tree!!

Shelley - I used to have two dogs who spent their life rampaging through their toy box. While I seemed to spend mine filling it up again. Now that Cali is an elderly lady she tends to know what she's looking for and seeks out her object of choice. What do you use to clean the dolls?

It's great the difference between youth and sensible isn't it Angie- Pip sounds like so much fun.

I'm going to tidy up my family history queries for a trip to the research centre on Monday. Going to try and talk OH to taking a trip to John Lewis tomorrow but I'm not hopeful of a positive response

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #8

Hi all. What a difference a day makes: yesterday at this time it was 30 C, today it's 23 (73 F) with brilliant sunshine, low humidity and a rather brisk breeze. The t'storm yesterday was just garden variety with a lot of needed rain (.70"), but ushered in a cool front. Sometime in the night I pulled up the sheet, first time I've slept covered in weeks; it was actually a bit chilly. Been to the market and just pottering.

Oooh, brownies, yum~! Glad Molly is investigating the new tree. Yola, hope the scaffolders negotiated the washng line safely. You really need that R & R in Italy, don't you, except for worrying about Fifi. CM, hope you do manage the trip tomorrow. Shelley, didn't know dogs have toy boxes!! PP, enjoy your visit; Kazz you were a night owl last evening. Angie, I think laz , erm, laid back comes with maturity, although Leia was a rather laid back kitten compared to some!

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #9

CM i just use a microfibre duster and a clothes brush to clean the dolls, only another 200 to go

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #10

from Kazz...
PP. Enjoy your day visiting. How is it going life without paid work. ...

It seems strange not going to work anymore, but I'm relieved not to be governed by the clock and I don't miss the night shifts or long hours. Ceri has to have a routine so I try to be up early myself to get ready and prepare the house for the day, getting the breakfast, washing up from the night before (yeah, I know, I shouldn't leave em, ) and putting the vacuum over etc. Also try and make a half hour or so for a cuppa and catsey and other sites. We try & eat together and then its a morning of helping Ceri get showered & dressed, when ready, going out and shopping or taking him to hospital or walking with friends etc. When the school hols are over we'll go swimming. I have lots of time with my parents now too, which is lovely and can do the school run for Tom too... how did I ever find time to work

Next month my pension starts so our combined income will fall, I've been busy budgeting and refining our spends, but we won't be destitute