Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 23 year old black female. RIP 13/09
13-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #1

Goodbye Winnie, July 1988-Sept 13 2011

I'm not sure how to post, or if I'm even in the correct section, but I had my dear little Winnie put to sleep at 2o'clock this morning. She was 23 years old, and I feel as if I'm going to pieces. I came back from holiday yesterday and she was very unwell. Her back legs were giving way and she seemed very vague. Tonight her legs went completely. The vet was absolutely wonderful and so kind, and said she had had another stroke. It really was time to say goodbye.
She is in her cat basket now, looking as if she will wake up any minute, I wish she would.
I live in a flat, but have brought her home, I will have to decide what to do with her little body, when the day time times. I think I will get her individually cremated, as I have nowhere to bury her.
My dear sweet little Winnie Win Win.
Goodbye my little lionheart, sweet dreams xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #2

Re: Goodbye Winnie, July 1988-Sept 13 2011

So very sorry to hear of your sad loss. What a wonderful age to have lived to.

RIP Winnie, run free at the bridge x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
13-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

*hugs* It's so hard when that happens, of course you're feeling it, and expecting her to wake up like always.

Run free wee one.

Cats owned: British Shorthair/Selkirk Rex
13-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #4

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's truly heartbreaking when you have to say goodbye to a loved companion, especially after being together for such a long time. Sounds like she had a wonderful and very long life.

I have sadly lost three cats in the last 4 years and had all of them individually cremated and have the three of them together in their little wooden caskets - I speak to them everytime I do my dusting, I find it helped me!

Sweet dreams Winnie x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #5

So very sorry, I can understand the emptiness and sadness you feel, 23 is an amazing age. (( hugs))

Cats owned: 23 year old black female. RIP 13/09
13-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #6

Thank you everyone for your kind and lovely words. A very dear friend is going to let me bury Winnie in their garden this afternoon. It's such a comfort to know she'll be resting in the peaceful and beautiful place she deserves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #7

Oh how awful it is when we have to let them go

How well-cared for Winnie must have been to have reached that wonderful age. She is a credit to you and is now at peace.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #8

I am so sorry to hear about Winnie - she has matched the age of my dear old Merlin. Lovely of your friend to offer her a place in her garden.

It's a very sad time, especially when your beloved has been with you for such a long time, everything seems empty of her presence. I found it comforting to collect photos and memories together with tributes that Catsey friends paid - I could only do a little at a time but it did get easier. Merlin's ashes are here on my desk with me every day and as florasmum said, I smile at him when dusting and I find that a comfort and cheering, remembering those good times.

RIP dear Winnie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #9

How hard for you, and how sad. But she had a long well loved life, and is at peace and in no pain now. That was so kind of your friend to offer a resting place for Winnie, I'm sure that helped your sorrow a bit. Run free at the Bridge, Winnie.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
13-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #10

Dear Winnie..You must be absoloutely gutted..set me off all teary, so sad.

23 years is a long time, she was such a lucky lady to have had such a wonderful life. Take comfort from this.

Rest in peace dear sweet angel.