Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
14-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #1

for mondo 08/05 - 13/08/2010

i dont really know what to say

it was a year ago yesterday we lost our wee guy, aged only just 5 to renal failure.

we rescued him aged 5months old in a january from the cats protection, he had been given over from a family who's other cats bullied him and the kids treated him like a doll.

he was very very timid, he hid for 2 days when we first brought him home but slowly he came out and explored his new home. whenenver anyone new came in, he would hide, but he got braver as time went on.

he loved playing, with toys on rods, and he done very impressive back flips to catch them. he loved stealing straws out my glass, often sneaking in the bedroom to get them knocking juice everywhere!!

he loooved my mums cat, unfortunately the love was not returned from her! tho she liked him better than she likes pip!!

he didnt like the dog at first, but he grew to love them and you could often find them sleeping together.

he liked it when we moved and he had a garden to go out in, sometimes he would go into next door neighbours then meaow to be rescued! but he would come back in when you called him

he still didnt really like being picked up, he would come and sit on you, but any sudden movement or noise, even small made him jump.

this happened when he managed to get out overnight one time, he must have ran out when the dog was called in. i checked him over when we got him in the next morning for and cuts/sores but a few days later we discovered he had an abcess on his neck!! so that was one expensive night out he had!!

one day i noticed he hadnt eaten all his food, i thought it was maybe just the heat, then later on i noticed his hair was quite matted, which was very unusual for him. i took time to gently comb out out, which im surprised he sat and let me do. the next day he didnt eat his dinner at all so it was off to the vets. she had a thorough feel of him, checked his eyes/ears/mouth/temp, could find anything obvious and nothing to suspect either due to his age. so he got an anti-imflammatory and anti-biotic inj and he really did perk up after that. less than a week later he stopped eating again, so it was off to the vets for blood tests. i was at work when my OH phoned in tears, i couldnt really make out what he was saying, something about kidney failure, so i called the vets and was told. he was kept in and taken home by a vet that night to receive fluids, and released on the saturday. i had meds to give him and had to syringe water in him as he wasnt eating or drinking. he ate a wee bit a few days on but that was it. on friday the 13th my oh took him in to get some more bloods done, his levels hadnt changed a great deal. i came home from work and went to see him, he was panting and started yowling. that was the decision moment
we took him straight to the vets to be pts.

im sorry little guy, you should have had a better life and a much much longer one, where you would have been more chilled out to come lie on us in your old age. but please know, we love you so much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #2

Re: for mondo 08/05 - 13/08/2010

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. What a handsome boy he was; a horrible start but he only knew love and care with you.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #3

I remember Mondo and the heart breaking saga. You have no need to say sorry, you did absolutely all you could to help him through this and you were both selfless enough to let him go.

Hugs to you Lynz xxxxx

R.I.P. dear wee Mondo xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
14-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #4

Gorgeous wee man

His time might have been short but he was loved

Hugs xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #5

Poor wee lovely boy - no doubt at all that you did all you could for him Lynz. So very sad he was taken so young. Never forgotten while your people miss you and cherish the memory of you in their hearts. What a handsome little guy Lynz ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #6

awww what a lovely story lynz, so sorry for the loss of mondo. Atleast he had time with you and was loved. Memories are a wonderful thing and it sounds like you have some lovely 1s of mondo xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
15-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #7

Beautiful Pictures, he was a hnadsome young chap and I love his moustache
You gave him a happy and loving life and you made the right decision. Love and hugs xx
Hope your having fun at the bridge Mondo xx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
29-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #8

Darling man. What a sweetie.

Had it not been for you he would have probably never have known what it felt to be truly loved. He looks happy in these photos.