Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #1

And meet the others.

Smudge is now 16, she was a sray kitten we took in, she has an overactive thyroid.

Spice, is 17, she also has an overactive thyroid. She's been with us for 2 years as her owner were moving abroad and she was going to be PTS, until she moved in with us.

Sooty, is 7. His owner died and we were asked to take him.

Misty, is 19 and we've had her a year. Her owner had a terminal illness and Misty was going to be PTS as nobody would take her.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #2

Re: And meet the others.

Beautiful cats, all of them .....they are so lucky to have found you..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #3

Ah. This has just answered my question in the ginger thread

What a lovely lot of cats you have; and all with a sad story attached. I think it's tragic how people will just consider killing an animal because a home can't be found . . . still, aren't they all lucky they found you

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #4

Thanks, but I have to say, I'm lucky I've found them.

We have a small croft filled with waifs and strays, and it is sad to see so many animals being abused, neglected or just dumped.
Its good to know there are also lots of animal lovers out there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #5

More of your lovely family! The oldies look so good; I really like Spice's markings. I had a Misty too! How wonderful you've saved so many of them from being PTS!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
18-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #6

Your other babies are gorgeous too You are just amazing for taking them all in, even the oldies need a forever home and they all deserve so much love.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
18-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #7

Your cats are all gorgeous and so so lucky to have found you!!! They look years younger than their ages, clearly testament to the lovely home you have obviously provided for them x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #8

They are all lovely cats and I have to say that even though I do get a longing for a kitten now and again, my old Merlin (22 next week!) is a wonderful friend and loyal companion. He's never too full of energy to have a snuggle up and is quite happy just to find a warm lap to go to sleep on!

Those kitties are so lucky to have been given a loving home by you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #9

wow, you are an angel for taking these kitties in..they look like little loves! i guess it seems to be common for these older cats to have thyroid problems, huh? cuddles is on methimazole and her last bloodwork showed she is holding steady and even gained weight..up to 7 lbs. from 6 when i got her..it's so nice when they get better and you feel like you've made a difference..even if it is just emotionally for them..bless

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #10

Hi, Smudge and Spice are both and felimazole and holding steady. Spice is on 2.5mg twice a day and Smudge is on 5mg in the morning and 2.5 mg in the evening.
Samson will not stabilise, and he is the easiest to give tablets. We are now trying him on vidalta, and seems to be doing better on it.
Candy, Spice and Smudge are also on metacam for arthritis.

I think I enjoy winning the trust of old and poorly animals and young healthy animals seem to find find homes much more easily, although we have had taken in a few kittens and rehomed them.