Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #1

Fluffy Friday

Sorry- being owned by moggies I'm not great at cat breeds, fluffy seemed fgood for a Friday!
Lovely and sunny today but I'm back in front of a computer - no spreadsheets today though (yet.......)
OH is ill at home. I really DO try to be sympathetic but honestly he's got a bit of a cold and a headache and he is striking a pose reminiscent of the 'Death of Chatterton'! Is excessive sighing grounds for divorce? I'd better buy him some treats on my way home and plaster on my sympathetic smile.

Never mind- Friday PM and only a few hours away from slobbing in front of 'Autumnwatch' with a nice beer. I might try a chocolate stout this evening.
Hope all are well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #2

Re: Fluffy Friday

CS your description of your O/H being ill made me smile.
I try to be nice when Howards ill but somehow he always seems nasty to me and wants to be shut away on his own.
He always jokes (i think) that if he gets a serious illness that he wants to go into a nursing home rather than have me as his nurse
Lots of ill staff at work today, they were dropping like flies untill eventualy there was just two of us left in the session.
Off to do a bit more packing of stuff now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #3

Afternoon CS, Shelley - and hello to everyone else!

Sorry to hear about all this ill health going around the place.

I eventually got myself to sleep some point after 1 last night. Which was then followed by a bit of a lie in this morning. Quiet day in general today.

Hope all goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #4

Hi all - like Shelley, CS, I did like the description of your poor hubby and have the exact picture in my mind's eye. Whose poetry has your hubby been plagiarising to make him feel so poorly - he probably has "man flu"!!?

Been Pip hunting this morning, shaking the Dreamies bag and coo-ing Pip Pip Pippity-PIP! But to no avail. He'd done a runner come time to go to the vet, but he's home now and I hope he sticks around for his appointment at 4.40.

So, I've been into Chichester and have bought the thermal lining and tape etc. for my new curtains and have just ordered the fabric online as it was much cheaper. I did see a proper drop size in the shop though, so I know it's going to fit in really nicely.

My wonderful hubby has made sachertorte but is having trouble with cream splitting for the topping. I am no help and don't know if there's any remedy. Any ideas?

Hope all are having a good day. Please send good wishes to The Pipster around 4.30!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #5

Hi all! Getting chillier every day, only 9℃ (47℉) when I got up, it's all the way up to 11℃ (51℉) now nearing 10:45 am, heavy clouds, but the howling winds of yesterday are gone. No rain expected. Winter is inching closer .... No mail today! I got my gin and vermouth yesterday, am all set for a bit. All's quiet, no news. Pasta with Italian meatballs tonight ... couldn't resist after posting that pic yesterday.

CS, men are always so so much sicker than we are: my Dad was healthy as a horse but when he got a rare cold he was dying, bless him! Mom was a RN and she said t'was ever thus ... Men ARE the weaker sex. Angie, I hope you can get Pip to the vets this afternoon ... that's about an hour from now my time; fingers crossed. Hi, Squirrel! Shelley, pack the thermals!

Happy Friday to all...

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #6

Mmmmmm. Good luck on getting Pip to the vets Angie - and I hope all goes well when you get there...

Joys of having a cat who can go out of course 'oooh, mum's got the cat carrier out - time to evacuate!!!'

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #7

Hmmmmm... by the sounds of things, another Fireworks season is upon us... No idea why today though. Halloween? Next weekend for that surely!!!?! And bonfire Night isn't for a good while to come either! Bah!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #8

evening everyone, hope you have all had a good day. Sorry to hear that some of us arent very well. Hope you eel better soon and gets lots of cuddles from your pussy cats

Im just sitting relaxing tonight with a movie and popcorn and a couple of drinks as its a friday night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #9

Hi all, OH has rallied a little and thinks he may try a little beer, chocolate and tiramisu

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #10

Aah, happy to hear your nursing has pulled him from the edge and that he's able to take a little light nourishment ......