Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #1

Japanese Bobtail Wednesday

Hi, everyone, where are you? Not very nice weather here, half-inch of rain overnight, sun earlier this morning and has clouded over now at nearing 10:45 am with a 70% chance of more rain. Presently 16℃, 61℉. Down for grass and mail, my 3 month medication supply came. All's quiet, no news; groceries here yesterday.

Looking forward to the quiz tonight, hope to see some of you there. Angie, what's the name of the pills you got for the mucous? I want to ask my doctor when I see her in January.

Take care, all, enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #2

Re: Japanese Bobtail Wednesday

Hi Eileen,
I'm currently on (yet another) train having been in London for a meeting. Thankfully on my way home.
Cold here today, Madam Smudge is very grumpy on cold mornings and glares at us from the sofa as if to say it is our fault. I also have Tolly wailing in the mornings as it is dark when I first get up so I don't open the cat door straight away. We will settle into the winter routine soon. I'm not sure why OH looked at grumpy Smudge this morning then at me and said 'hmmm, you know that saying about pets looking like their owners'?
Hope all are well and warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
19-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #3

Hi Eileen...

Just back from work over here. Ready for the end of the day I can tell you! It's bright but chilly too.

Just to say - watch out, the pills may have a different name where you are - I'd probably google it to see if you can find out other names for it, so that if Dr has no clue what you're on about you can try a different one...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #4

Hi CS and Squirrel! Yes, a good idea about the meds, will do that, Squirrel. CS, Tolly knows the cold weather is due to his simply inefficient staff ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #5

Hello Eileen, CS and Katy.
The doll room is finished, yaaay. I have to say it looks very nice, will take some pics tomorrow if the light is good.
Just had Howard's van mot'd, it passed after some work costing £200. Got it back yesterday and today the brakes have gone
Done some training with the gruesome twosome, gave them tuna flapjacks as rewards. Jerry got some just for being a Cat
See some of you at the quiz tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
19-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about the van Shelley - that's a pain! Well done on finishing with the Doll Room though!

And YW Eileen - just had that issue with a friend in Canada, where I mentioned meds I'd come across in one way or another, and she then translated it into what she understood! Sometimes we had to go fore and back a bit to make sure we got it right...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #7

evening everyone, looks like everyone has been busy today. Im not long in from work. We decided to get take away tonight as both of us were in the non-cooking mood!!! Looking foward to the quiz tonight. Got my popcorn, twiglets and crisps ready for it!!! Also maybe a wee glass of southern comfort with lemonade!!! Will probably leave a wee bit early tonight as im up at 530am for work tomorrow as i start at 8am

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #8

Hi all - just waving my hand to say I'm here.

Eileen - I've PM'd you re the capsules. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the quiz.

I re-read my daily contribution yesterday and see that I failed to say that my walk on the Hayling Island Billy Trail was today with OH, Monty and a woman that I "met" on the Schnauzer forum and her Mini Schnau. It was a glorious day, sunny but quite a chilly wind. We will definitely be walking there again, really nice along the shoreline - saw some Brent Geese, so the winter visitors are arriving. Frost is forecast tonight.