Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #1

Egyptian Mau Sunday

Sun-day and it is! Sadly yet another neighbour had a bonfire last evening and as there is no breeze at all atm, the smell is hanging around even though the bonfire has gone out - arrrrrghhhhhh! still can't go outdoors and breathing poor again today.

Need to do a bit of cleaning in stages today, as I have a lady coming around tomorrow morning to measure up for some new curtains! Going to have 2 door curtains and a pair of curtains in the hall which will hopefully help with insulation. It's amazing how many dead flies have collected on the windowsill by the back door and how many dead leaves have managed to get through the cat flap!

Enjoy your day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #2

Re: Egyptian Mau Sunday

afternoon Angie and all to follow.
I'm sorry to hear your breathing is bad again Angie, it must be so tireing for you. The curtains sound like a good idea.
Nice and sunny here today. Just back from a dog walk, both dogs are now being complete brats, scratching at the rug in turn whilst i'm trying to type.
Back into the doll room in a few minutes to carry on with my epic task.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #3

Morning Angie, Shelley, Or rather, Afternoon! Hello to everyone else too! Sorry to hear about your breathing and the bonfires Angie, that's so irritating. Hope you make progress in the doll room Shelley - oh, and enjoy the sunshine!

yesterday landed up being fairly busy for me in the end - after a quiet morning I went to spend the afternoon/evening with a friend, post 9 by the time I got back. However, I caught up with this series of Merlin, so despite missing a few seasons worth, I'm pretty well up to speed with this one now. I do enjoy it, but I'd likely forget to watch it even if I could - and up til March I could have watched it on 'listen again' if I so desired, and didn't, so...

Today has been quiet - sun here as well. Church in the morning - was on Sunday School, so that was nice. Not much else going on, though I did pick up some shopping on the way home again.

Enough from me for the moment - have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #4

Hi all! Gloriously sunny here too, a bit after 10:30 am, but chilly: 15℃ (59℉), although the high winds have died down. Still comfortable in the apartment so haven't put the heating on yet. In a way I sort of hate to do that as it seems to makes it official that the long cold dark days of Winter are upon us ... does that make any sense? Anyhow, all's quiet here, just a lazy Sunday with papers and crossword.

Angie, sorry about the bonfires, awful to be stuck indoors on a pretty day. Your two are being naughty, Shelley! Glad you enjoyed Merlin, Squirrel.

Take care, hope it's a pleasant day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #5

Sorry to hear about the breathing Angie, hope things improve. Hope the dogs have calmed down Shelley? Squirrel, I can't really get on with Merlin and still miss Doctor Who! I know what you mean about using heating Eileen but I do enjoy a fire sometimes- as do the cats!

Busy day tidying the garden, going for a run and cooking a roast for tea and some soup for lunches for a couple of days next week. Have a good rest of Sunday all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #6

CS yes dogs calmed down, then had another mad 1/2 hour, then calmed down, get the picture
Managed to clean, rearrange lots in the doll room today, what a good feeling, i like to go in and look what i've done.
I found an old money bank that belonged to Howard's mum, it was behind some dolls. I noticed there was money in and something else. When i opened it up , i found a collar that had belonged to Tom, it had his disc on too.
I have put it around a soft toy of Tom (Tom and Jerry cartoon character ) in his memory.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #7

Awww, Shelley, a sad memory of dear Tom.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
17-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #8

Awww Shelley. *hugs* Sounds like you're making good progress on the doll room though.

Dr Who CS? That programme terrifies me I'm afraid!!! The friend I watched Merlin with actually banned me from watching Dr Who with her (which she loves) when I attempted it, cause the way I reacted distracted her!!!!! I guess some things from child hood never change!