Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #1

Birman Tuesday

Hi all! I had to go back through the Non-cat chat section to see what cat breeds were still not used.

It's grey and coldish here today. Not much going on; OH is playing golf, Monty is having his afternoon nap in his crate and Kizzy and Pip are having their naps on our bed. I am here and thinking about putting on another jumper. Have just printed off a recipe for coffee and walnut cake. Our walnut tree has given us a good crop this year and I have saved enough for a cake from those d**n s*******s!

Puppy training this evening, so may not be back until much later. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #2

Re: Birman Tuesday

Hi, Angie! Grey and not coolish here, nearing 11 am and 22℃ (72 F), made a delightful 28℃ yesterday, but heavy rain is on the horizon drenching the East Coast. Sigh. It's been an unusually cool and exceptionally wet Autumn so far.

I'm happy to hear the varmints didn't get all the walnuts, is your tree an English or black walnut? Two houses down from my old house had a lovely black walnut, I occasionally would gather them, although cracking them is so difficult!
Sending "Behave" vibes for tonight; hope it goes well.

Take care, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #3

A not-very-much-at-all-happening day here! OH is out at art, all the 4-legged ones are napping, I've done the crossword, the breadmaker's on, I'm just having a cup of tea then I'll be making some meatballs to have with pasta tonight. Weather dull but not chilly, still got roses opening!

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #4

Is it unusual to still have roses in bloom now, MrsH? Our first killing frost is quite late here in the City; I've occasionally had them for the table on Thanksgiving!.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #5

No, it's not unusual, we always have a few lingering on through November normally. It's just that this year we still have so many buds on the bushes in various stages of swelling and opening, the bushes look so fresh as though they could go on forever. The funny weather we had earlier on has confused a lot of plants in our garden, we have ceanothus flowering right now (normally in May) and weigela (normally June)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #6

I have plants in bloom that are not normaly too, weird weather though.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
11-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #7

The apple tree broke into 3 sprigs of blossom 2 weeks ago, I was gobsmacked, a 50+ year old tree dropping it's leaves and it puts out blossom, what's all that about..The plants are having a long season and some are being tricked; my Iceberg rose is full of flowers, my hebe has flowered again (not unusual for a summer pruned hebe to flower again tho'). Last cut for the lawns.

Been cooking with my new slow cooker for the freezer, doing some ebaying, gone to town to the bank, and running around getting bits to weatherproof my fascia and soffits. Still got a fair bit of outside jobs to do before the wet and cold weather sets in, (decluttering the pond being my least favourite but one of easiest!).

Hope everyone's had a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #8

Hi all... Back from work and getting food on the go. Wee one long since fed of course!

Has been a reasonable day. Sun out, good time while out and about with work, and even some stuff to do while in work. Can't complain can I!?!

Hope all goes well for everyone!

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #9

How did the puppy training go tonight,Angie?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #10

Hello, hope all had a good day. I'm packing again as I'm away for work again- to lovely Swindon!
Hope the training went well Angie?
We've also got confused plants and flowers in the garden and tomatoes still ripening by the minute. I made passata at the weekend but still have loads to use up.
Hope all are well.