Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
03-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #11

Re: Eating slowly?

Hey... I have some toothpaste for dogs.. I oughta be able to use that

Will see if I can afford the canned version.. I really shouldnt be using any money this month..

Have now raised his bowl with 10 cm (about 4 inches) so lets see if that helps

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #12

Not sure about our toothpaste Mags, I use the Logic gel, the dogs love it, the Cats dont! but put it on their leg or paw and they lick it off, it doesnt have to be brushed on, you can even put it in their food.

I dont think its essential Donna, especially if they get biccies, I use it for the oldies.

This is the one I use, last ages and its a LOT more expensive at the VEts.
http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/prodinfo.asp?number=LOGDG
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #13

I'm bringing this up again.

Oliver has now got the bowl raised.. Still dry food. Cant afford to buy the wet right now, and I'm convinced this is pure greed.

He did it again today.. Ate all his food and withing a few minutes threw it all up.. You could see he hadnt chewed them at all.

I've been suggested to spread them on the floor.. I did that sunday evening.. It took him about 3-4 hours to eat it all (actually there were still a few left in the morning)

But I cant do that in the morning, if he takes this long.. They wouldnt be there for long, as I have an excellent vaccumer called Luna it is under control, when I'm home, but I have to leave for work an hour after I've gotten up..

Did try and spread it over the freezer this morning (after he threw the first portion up) and that helped aswell..

I could perhaps clean up the balcony and spread the breakfast on the floor out there.. Luna cant get out there...

Me thinks the next step is an activity ball

Oh let's not jump overboard.. still need to clean up the balcony I'm home today.. sick (surprise!!!) so could perhaps do a bit today..its freezing cold out there though

But wouldnt you agree (after reading this looong and confusing post) that it might be greed???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #14

J, did you look at the 'Barfers' thread? http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/s...ead.php?t=2551

It sounds really similar to my Tizzie and to many others in that thread
Is Oliver eating too quickly because he wants to hoover it all up before Luna helps? Or has he got into the habit of eating quickly because Luna has helped herself at some point in the past?
Could he have each of his meals in, say, four small portions over the course of half an hour whilst you get up and ready for work?

As a matter of interest Tizzie has not been sick and has been generally more content since I got the heated pad and changed her to sleeping in the kitchen (with Dinah but not with Mini). She has a large portion of dried food, is able to eat at leisure and settles down and sleeps soundly, with a full belly. We've even found her still sound asleep some mornings

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #15

Hi H

Well Oliver's bowl is on the kitchen counter.. Always has been (well since I got Luna anyway ).

I think he's hungry.. He's only done this since he was put on the diet food. I think its hunger and greed.. I never remove his bowl (if he hasnt eaten or something like that) like I would with Luna, so cant be fear of me taking the food away.

I think I could try splitting it up in 4 smaller portions over half an hour.

Oh and he's fed twice a day.

Yes I did read that post. But he's never been deprived of food, if you can say it like that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
10-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I got a tube of toothpaste from the vet a few years ago for Cassie.....can you use 'our' toothpaste Dawn?
Hi Mags

Don't use our toothpaste on dogs or cats. It is too powerful and frothes up which their toothpaste doesn't.

Kay

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
Hi Mags

Don't use our toothpaste on dogs or cats. It is too powerful and frothes up which their toothpaste doesn't.

Kay
Thanks for confirming it Kay...I did have my doubts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
10-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Thanks for confirming it Kay...I did have my doubts!
No problem Mags. Had visions of the cats looking like they had rabies.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
No problem Mags. Had visions of the cats looking like they had rabies.