Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: long hair domestic
20-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #1

My cat has been to the vets 5 times this week now will not come inside the house,:(

please someone help me i am beside myself, my wonderful Gizmo suffers with a skin diease but this is kept under control, i took het to the vets to have her yearly booster and whilst she was there they gave her some spot on treatment back of neck, next day she flared up on the back of her next pulled all her fur out and had a sore which was bleeding and weeping, so i took her back to vets he then gave her antibiotics and steroids to last for 2 weeks, then that night she was panting tounge out and heavy tempertaure so took her to the emergency vets same place, and they kept her in and monitored her they got her temperture down and she was allowed home the next day, she slept all day, she has eaten and drank and been to toilet, the vet said they could not find anything clinically wrong, although yesterday my vet called and said he had broken a golden rule with the vaccines and drugs and espically putting on the spot on knowing she is very sensitive....makes it all worse, anyway since she has been back home she will not come in the house she stays in the back garden and next door neighbours garden, she comes to me when i call and is eating and drinking thew food i out out in the garden i cannot bare it i want her home why is she doing this? trauma from the vets ? the drugs they have giving her? will she ever come home? i am crying at work at home its affecting my life i miss my baby so much, please any thoughts guys? not so jolly jojo xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #2

Re: My cat has been to the vets 5 times this week now will not come inside the house,:(

What a very sad tale jojo - I am very sorry to hear about the trauma that you and your poor cat have gone through. I think that your poor cat is scared that you will take her to the vet again. I do really hope she will get over it and with patience and kindness you will be able to tempt her home again. It is a good sign that she is eating etc.

Cats owned: long hair domestic
20-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #3

Re: My cat has been to the vets 5 times this week now will not come inside the house,:(

thankyou angieh, im so sad she never really used to go out, loves being with me follows me everywhere, but now does not want to go anywhere near the house she leys me stroke her then she runs off, yes i keep telling myself that eating and drinking is a good sign, but this is stressing me out so much im scared she is picking up on this i just want her home i feel so responsible by taking her to the vets in the first place, thank you kind lady x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #4

I am so sorry jojo - I have tried to put myself in your shoes and imagine my darling Kizzy reacting in the same way. Really I just hope that it's going to be time that will bring her back to you. You can always post here, I'm sure that others will be able to offer help. It's a very small forum though and not very active atm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
21-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #5

What spot on was it? One of ours is highly allergic to frontline and had the same thing happen to her, the chemicals in the Spot on burnt her skin so the hair fell out, this is maybe what happened to your girl too.

Instead of throwing her food out I would put it in bowls and each day move it nearer to the house. She's just all upset at present.

Very upsetting for you.