Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1

Blood Test Results - Allergy testing

The vet posted Mindy's blood test results out so we could see for ourselves just how severe her allergies are

just some of the foodstuff she is allergic to in varying degrees

White fish,
Chicken,
Rabbit,
Salmon (high),
Lamb (high),
Cows milk (high) not that they ever get it.
Rice (high),
Beef (very high),
Pork,
Soya,
Tuna,
Turkey,
Wheat,

Doesnt leave much for poor wee cat to enjoy 😞

She is also highly allergic to House dust mites & Storage mites. The latter being present in all dry foods.

Theres also a lot of other things shes highly allergic to

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #2

Re: Blood Test Results - Allergy testing

Oh my word! That is going to be a challenge for you to manage I can understand how your vet says this is most unusual, poor wee thing will have to live in a bubble, I can't think of how you will feed her, and keep her from environmental factors. I'll search online for any help for you - good luck, you must be so worried xx

Catsey Veteran

03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Oh my word! That is going to be a challenge for you to manage I can understand how your vet says this is most unusual, poor wee thing will have to live in a bubble, I can't think of how you will feed her, and keep her from environmental factors. I'll search online for any help for you - good luck, you must be so worried xx
I have to confess it is a bit daunting, still we have to give it a try. Vet recommendations

Food - prescription diet Z/D by Hills long term

3 weeks antibiotics

Combination steroids & cyclosporin long term - high doses to be weaned off slowly

Special spray to reduce housedust mites once month x 3 months, then every six months

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #4

I don't envy you trying to find foods to keep her happy and healthy, Velvet. I just hope that the medication will make it possible for her to eat something that won't make her flare up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #5

Goodness - that's some list. I'm sure you'll do your best to find a way round for Mindy. Who knows, with careful management you might be able to reduce her sensitivity to some of the milder allergens over time.

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #6

We go for our meeting with the vet tomorrow and to start Mimdy's treatment, Just as well as she's scratched her chin raw today She is a nervous cat so not looking forward to annoying her but needs must x