Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #1

cod liver oil caps are these safe

thought i might put 1 a day in the boys food.obviously peirce the cap and squirt the oil.cant see them swallowing 1 a day after food lol
ronnies getting a bit limpy now when he jumps up the fence.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
10-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #2

Re: cod liver oil caps are these safe

Hi, sorry to hear Ronnie's getting a bit creaky these days. The vet told me just last week that my boy would benefit from Omega oils because he was diagnosed with a heart murmer and arthritis, and Omega oils are good for both of these conditions and for their skin and coat.
Vet couldn't say for sure what dose so I'm trying Chesi on a couple of drops a day from some pure cod liver oil capsules from H&B. If I may also add to your question boys mum, I'd like to know a starting dose if anyone knows.
After Googling arthritis in cats one owner uses GNC's own joint supplement's and has noticed improvement, seems to work well for her/him. As a footnote keep an eye on their stools.