Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: apricot red point siamese
25-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #1

Hyper Siamese!

I have a 11 month old male kitten that is neutered, since a month now hes all of a sudden been hyper and runs around crazy like a dog, he normally bites not hard though but has started to do it alot more and hes also wanting food alot more he even sits looking at the family while we eat.

Would changing his food to adult change his behavior a little or is he going through a phase or something, any advice would be appreciated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #2

Re: Hyper Siamese!

I certainly would change his food to adult, but do it gradually, mixing with his current food, a little more each day to avoid digestive problems. If you are worried that his behaviour has changed suddenly I would suggest a vet check-up. I have no experience of Siamese or their specific needs. I hope that he calms down soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
27-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #3

I too would suggest a vet visit

How long ago was he neutered?

Cats owned: apricot red point siamese
26-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

Sorry for the late reply. He got neutered when 7 months old hes now just over 1 year.

Dash has really calmed down from changing him over from kitten to adult food, he still bites gently now and then but nothing like he did.

Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
27-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #5

Glad hes sorted & food changed worked x. Ive found this helped in puppies as well.