Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
15-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #1

Help please

I have 3 cats of my own they are
Queenie 9
Tippy 8
Socks 8
They are mother son and daughter. In may I took another cat in called
Alfie 12
He was rehomed because his previous owner moved house and due to the stress he started peeing on the carpet (he is doing that to me but the carpet has to go anyway, as do the ones in the sitting room and the hall/landing due to the dog peeing on them as she is old and can't last 12 hours anymore)
Now I have let them see each other and Tippy has chased him into his room and given him a swat or two but how do I get to the next phase of allowing them in the same room so they can touch each other.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
15-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #2

Re: Help please

Aaah bless you taking on such a cat, its a shame he couldn't of stayed with his owner.

I only have one cat at present, tinkerbelle (9months) however 2 new babies are arriving on Wednesday so I have been reading up on cat introductions!

Have you tried the scent swapping? With blankets etc. Also have some tasty chicken or treats and when you let them smell each others bedding give them a treat so the smell is associated with good things- do the same when they are in the same room. Try offering them a plate of sardines, some delicious enough to distract them from fighting hissing and chasing.

Again these are suggestions from stuff I've read, no actual experience of putting it into practice...yet!

Good luck x