Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
31-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #1

peeing

my youngest cat cass is weird at the best of times,but this lastest thing topped them all

she started when she was wee,peeing in a corner in the hall (laminate flooring thank god!!)i stopped that by putting a rubber broom in that corner,thn it was the bath if i forgot to close the bathroom door,an this time it was the tray that their food bowls r on

so how do i stop it,nothing has changed that i can see?? like i said she's a bit weird anyway

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #2

Re: peeing

Not weird, there is obviously something that upsets her with in your home, be it the dog or the other cat perhaps, only you can work that one out but she has clearly been a little stressed for quite some time now.
How many litter trays do you have, bearing in mind the rule of thumb being one tray per cat plus one. How often do you scoop and clean them? Sometimes the tray positions can be an issue.
What you need to do, because it can often be the smallest thing that upsets them, is to maybe keep a diary or a journal, noting down the events before and after she has pee'd inapropriately. Where the other pets were at the time, had you just cleaned the trays or not, was there any visitors, anything to find a pattern to the behaviour.

Catsey Senior

31-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #3

no changes,and i hav no room for another tray,i hav 2 trays,1 for each cat

Catsey Veteran

31-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #4

brick wall time I guess

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #5

Is Cass still using a tray as well as peeing inappropriately, Niki?

Catsey Senior

31-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #6

yes,like i said she has ALWAYS been a bit strange,iv had her since she was 6wks old,she is now just over yrs old,sh wont let anyone near her,she used to b vry affectionate when she was a kitten up to the age of about 1 n ahalf,then that stopped,now i hardly see her less i go looking for her,she dosnt like strangers,not even my dad who she sees atleast once a wk

Catsey Veteran

31-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #7

Like I said, its not strange behaviour it's stress behaviour. Something clearly upset her to have her turn from an affectionate kitten to one that hides away and urinates inapropriately.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: non pedigree
31-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #8

I am obviously no expert, but do you think the vet could suggest anything? I had a cat who all of a sudden started peeing by the back door, but it all started when we had a lot of family over for a BBQ and I think it stressed him out a bit, but I never got annoyed or anything at him when he did it, as I seen straight away what must have triggered it. He did soon stop though, and went back to using the litter tray.

Sorry if that wasn't helpful.
Hope you find the cause of her change of behaviour x

Catsey Veteran

31-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #9

http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour/spraying/info.html

Catsey Senior

02-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #10

looks like as i suspected,it was just a one off.mibbee she just didnt like the new tray,but i washed it and she hasnt done it again