Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #11

Re: anyone wear contact lenses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Just the other side of the coin - I tried contacts 4 times. First time was the hard ones - had to go to London for them in the Dark Ages! I would love to have been able to get on with them. The gas permeable ones were much much better, but my problem was getting up to go to the loo in the morning and needing time to get the things in, so I had to have specs too. Good luck - don't worry about the eye exam, it's OK>
I also have glasses, which I use in the mornings and in the evenings.....You really need glasses too, if anything happened, if you got an eye infection or the like that stopped you wearing lenses....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #12

I was not told 20-20 but was told I had no problems at all needing any follow up. The sayinfg 20-20 is a saying of perfect vision I think. I went because my brother needed glasses last year and my sister already wears them. My Mom has glucomea...and cataracts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #13

I just looked at 20-20 vision, bit complicated what I was reading but basically means you got good eyes.

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I just looked at 20-20 vision, bit complicated what I was reading but basically means you got good eyes.
Thats basicaly it.

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #15

Its something to do with 20ft....but Lord knows what its in the depths of my mind somewhere.
Imagine its a bit like the saying two left feet meaning clumsy...almost

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #16

My eyes corrected with IODs after cataract surgery have 20 - 20 vision with glasses. I've worn glasses since I was six, only need them for distance vision. I have never even contemplated contacts ,,, cannot bear the thought of sticking something in my eye ... I had great difficulty even giving myself eyedrops (because of a very strong blink reflex) after the cataract surgeries.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #17

I've worn glasses for about 20 years, 11 of which have been contact lenses - annual, monthly and now daily . . . I wouldn't be without them. They're easy to put in/take out as long as you follow the simple rules. You'll need glasses for first thing in the morning/last thing at night or in the rare event you might get an eye infection.

Dominik (aged 6) has just been prescribed glasses and he's really excited as he's the first in his class to have some.