Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #1

anyone wear contact lenses?

just wondered?

I'm going for an eye test soon, not had one for years & years & I'm convinced I may need glasses as I get a lot of headaches & am finding certain things harder to focus on when reading. Just thinking if I do need to wear glasses, I would loose them and break them and think contact lenses may be better. Just wondered if people think they are good?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #2

Re: anyone wear contact lenses?

I have been wearimg contacts for the past few years, I wear the dailies, put them in, in the morning, and take them out and throw away at night...Must say I love them.....

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #3

That's good to know Moli. I'm a biit worried about this eye test to be honest, both John & I are going as we've not been for years, but I think we need to. We were both struggling to read something in yellow pages the other day & said right - eye test here we come. I'm waiting for a free voucher to arrive for mine & once that comes I will book us both in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #4

I wore glasses for reading for about 3 years, then when the optician said I needed them for more or less everything, switched to lenses......Best invention ever....Dinahsmum wears the monthly ones...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #5

My sister wears the daily ones she adores them better than the glasses which like Moli she wore for about 3 years then told she needed them for everything hence the contact lenses.

I went for an eye test in Oct and was told I had 20-20 vision. Had a free eye test from work due to the computers work I do. No headaches just thought I needed to go.

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #6

Thanks, very intersting. Yes I too get free eye tests through work (because Guide Dogs has a strong interest in promoting looking after your eyes and as the slogan says having "healthy eyes")

So if I am told I need glasses for reading / driving for example but not all the time, then I couldn't really do contacts could I? Would have to be goggles? I guess contacts only work if you need them all the time?

What's 20-20 vision?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #7

Just the other side of the coin - I tried contacts 4 times. First time was the hard ones - had to go to London for them in the Dark Ages! I would love to have been able to get on with them. The gas permeable ones were much much better, but my problem was getting up to go to the loo in the morning and needing time to get the things in, so I had to have specs too. Good luck - don't worry about the eye exam, it's OK>

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #8

Thanks Angie, it's not the actual eye exam that bothers me, it's the results that are frightening me to be honest incase they say... Yes Smudgley, you need to wear glasses! Also my Dad has glaucoma, my Mom suffers from pressure on her eyes (similar to glaucoma)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #9

Don't worry per se about wearing glasses - although I can appreciate that if you've not had to wear them before it can be an adjustment. I've had to wear mine since age 7, so it's just a part of everyday for me.

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #10

thanks Angie.