Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #11

Re: I wormed Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I worm Cassie every 3 months as she ia an outdoor cat. I use Panacur palatable Favourites, which she will eat from my hand ......they smell beefy like Oxo cubes...
Oh I use these too mags for Jerry (Ithink you reccommended them) he loves them,long gone are the days of fighting with him to get him to take a tablet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
My Lucky was always a very skinny girl - for 18 years, she was never any different. I think cats are much like humans in that some are prone to put on weight more easily. Plus she'll keep thinner due to more exercise living outdoors and in winter burning off excess fat to keep warm. I think you are used to seeing more rotund cats Eileen, so Onxy as a possibly, naturally slim cat strikes you as odd

I do think it's a good idea to worm her regularly though if you are able. A sign of worms is often a slimmish body with a rather swollen, firm belly.....
[quote=Donna;408448]I buy the worming "treats" which Misty gulps down, but Chloe didnt eat her last lot... what other methods other than eating is there to worm a cat? I have tried the granules on food too but Chloe wont eat those either

Fran: you may be spot on there, all the cats I've ever lived with
have been a bit on the portly side.... and Onyx doesn't have a swollen belly.....
Donna: I found a liquid wormer that's liver flavored that you just add to the food! It's 1/2 tsp. per five pounds of body weight!! It's called Premium Liquid Wormer, made by St. Aubrey's Veterinary Labs, I hope they have something similar there, or I'd be glad to mail the unused portion of this for you to try if you'd like,,,,,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #13

Excellent idea to worm her though Eileen, it cannot hurt and the chances are she may have a worm or two although as others have said she could be naturally svelte. Oscar always looked like he needed a good meal - but he didn't.

You'll have her "in the house sooner rather than later" the way you're going.
Karen

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #14

Maybe she is just a naturally skinny cat! Carolyn's Kate always looked undernourished, and her brother Nimrod weighted 16 pounds! Kate is a very hyper cat,very active...and just burned off the calories, I guess. I'll try to get a "skinny" pic of Onyx so you all can weigh in if you think she's really too thin......(whoops, didn't intend that pun..)

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
I worm denis every three months I put that spot on on the back of his neck. He has three sachets a day plus biscuits plus tit bits and he is slender and always has been. I wouldn't worry too much as she is still growing and active.
She's an adult cat of unknown age. She appeared in the neighborhood in the Autumn of 05; my friend was feeding her (she'd rescued and rehomed two strays before); when Carolyn moved I took over the feeding. We estimated she was maybe 3 to 5 years old at the time, so she's about 5 -7 now, but that's really just a guess.