Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #1

At the Vet tonight

Hello all
OK Abi has a tempreture, not as bad as Caspurr had but it is up. Her eye's are very sore so she has more AB's and eye cream.
Caspurr is doing great, no tempreture but his eye's are a wee bit crusty. So I will continue washing them and putting in cream.

The Vet is 100% sure Caspurr had the virus when I got him. I have to contact the breeder (which I have done but got her answering machine twice) The vet has also phoned but her call has not been returned. My Vet said if the breeder wanted to call her she would gladly speak to her.

Now my Vet is certain that once Caspurr is over this bout hw wont get it again . She has spken to the people that make the vaccine and they have advised to leave him for another couple of weeks then vaccinate again from the start.

Abi, the good news is semingly there is no reason why later I cant breed from her. Only I should get her teasted first.
So It's not all doom and gloom as it first seemed.

The breeder. I think she should give me the money back I paid for a healthy kitten. I did not get that. Also I will try for Abi's vet bill but I dont hold much hope.
If she doesn't respond to my phone calls. all I said was I'd like her to call me back. Then I'll email her. If no responce I'll report her.

How does that sound?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
23-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #2

Re: At the Vet tonight

There's some good news then, atleast your babies seem to be getting better and hopefully Caspurr wont get it again. Good luck contacting the breeder and I hope the kitties continue to improve xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
23-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #3

Gosh, Jac I'm so pleased to hear that you're sounding more positive tonight and that the vet has shown you the light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree that you should keep trying the breeder and leaving messages for her. If she doesn't respond within the next few days then I would be tempted to write to her formally (a letter rather than an email) setting out the events, what your vet has said and the costs that you have incurred. I would also include Abi, as if Caspurr had been 100% healthy there would never have been vets fees for Abi, so it's been a knock on effect.

I also think that an email to TBRCC and GCCF reporting the situation would be a very good idea.

I'm happy to help draft anything if you want me too (it worked with the windows didn't it!! lol)

The main priority is getting your furbabes fit and well.

Hugs to you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #4

That news is so much more positive Jac! I am very, very pleased for you! I think that you are going the correct way with the breeder, giving her every opportunity to respond to you and if she doesn't then sue the moo!!!

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #5

Charlie can I take you up on that? You did so well with the windows. I cant write a letter for toffee. and I'll get in touch with the authority's too. (with your help )

Alex so eloquently put.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #6

What great news, Jac! I imagine the breeder knows good and well why you're calling!! I think Charlie has brought up a very good point about a real letter, not e-mail. And well done Charlie for your offer to help!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #7

thank you, I rather liked that myself lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
23-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Charlie can I take you up on that? You did so well with the windows. I cant write a letter for toffee. and I'll get in touch with the authority's too. (with your help )

Alex so eloquently put.
Of course Jac - no problem

Not tonight tho - I've already got a glass of red on the go I'll draft something tomorrow and email you.

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #9

Thanks Charlie. At least you know what your talking about. Not a lay man like me. Your a star.
Oh just to let you all know the pair of them are play fighting at the moment.
I also bought them a bubble gun today. Caspurr loves it but Abi's not sure. There again if she's feeling iffy. Will get some photo's tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
23-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #10

Awww things are looking up, Jac!

And I agree your being very fair to the breeder not that she deserves it though...

Good luck with getting in touch with her!

Tom xxx