Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #11

Re: the knock on effects

She choose him for me Mags. Charlie and Elaine thanks. Me smells a rat!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
She choose him for me Mags. Charlie and Elaine thanks. Me smells a rat!
That's suspicious to start with....surely you choose the kitten you want???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #13

she sent me photo's finally. I chose him from them but who is to say he was the one? They were all very similar and change very quickly. I'm just so suspicious now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
22-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #14

It is very sad Jac, and now even if you wanted to it wouldn't be fair to bring in another cat and put it at risk so for the duration you have these 2 babies and really no options for getting in a show quality cat while you do have them. I am not really interested in showing cats but dogs I do, and I can understand how frustrated you must be feeling on this aspect alone, aside from the fact you now have 2 ill cats for life.

I know my lot are only moggies but all have gone to their new homes with contracts signed by the owners but also myself, if any health problems crop up that in the long run are hereditory/from my household I will take them back/help with treatment e.t.c. As far as I am aware though all mine left home perfectly healthy and as you all know, the only one who wasn't is Princess and her spina bifida, and she is staying here with us.

I will look forward to hearing what you say to her Jac, I think you should send out her number so as we call all give her a piece of our mind!

I'd push for a refund at least Jac.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #15

I think thats the jist of it you have two babies who will now be ill for the rest of their lives. Which could be 20 years think of the vets fee's and with Abi not insured - the money could be massive. There should be some form of compensation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #16

Oh Jac, my heart goes out to you I do think you should take issue with the breeder. The strangest thing I find here is that you didn't see mum and I would question her about this when you speak to her. Good luck and let us know how you get on. At the very least you are owed a massive apology and a refund of the purchase price. Remember, you can always contact the GCCF with regards to putting in a complaint about her, even if you don't take this course of action, you could always threaten it x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I think thats the jist of it you have two babies who will now be ill for the rest of their lives. Which could be 20 years think of the vets fee's and with Abi not insured - the money could be massive. There should be some form of compensation.
This is not necessarily correct. Calici unlike Herpes is not always lifelong. A lot of cats do infact rid themselves of this virus so the outlook for Jac is not all doom and gloom. I have read about homeopathic treatments for Calici, that claim to 'cure' cats of the disease. I have no experience how effective they are, if at all but might be worth a try, after all what have you to lose Jac?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
23-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #17

best of luck jac at the vet i think you should get on the phone to the breeder and ask whats going on

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
23-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #18

Is there any more news from the vets yet Jac?

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #19

Jac had the vet at 4.50 tonight..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
23-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Jac had the vet at 4.50 tonight..
and???????????????????