Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #1

Ideas needed please

Anyone got any idea's how to clean Caspurr's eye's and nose without stressing him? He really hates it, poor soul.
His eye's arn't too bad but his nose gets all crusty and he really does hate it when I have to clean the gunk off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #2

Re: Ideas needed please

Can't think of an easy way to do it Jacs, apart from the way you are doing it, it must be sore for the poor little man!

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #3

He's like a wee kid with a bad nose. It's getting red and sore looking. I feel dreadfull for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #4

Wish I had a suggestion. but I'm the one who can't even pill a cat! I hope someone will come up with a good idea......

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Wish I had a suggestion. but I'm the one who can't even pill a cat! I hope someone will come up with a good idea......

Neither can I that's why I put there meds in there food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
18-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #6

For Jessie I always used cooled boiled salt water, and I found (as they were terrible at first and stuck together every time she slept, which for a 2-6 week old kitten is a lot) if you get some cotton wool and soak it in the warm solution, then dab the eye area and get it quite wet, and then with a dry piece wipe it all away.

I'd suggest just a damp tissue for the nose Jac and try and soak the crusty bits as they come of a lot easier then.

Poor wee lad, it is hard at first but after a while you get used to doing it and I did it for about 4 weeks 'til we had clear eyes, it was always a chore for both of us especially as she would cry, and mum would cry but you know it's best for them.

Good luck with him Jac.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #7

With the persians I've always used cotton wool; found it softer and easier for them than tissue. The salt water is good as it will act as a mild antiseptic.

For eye, nose and ear washing, I always upend the cats in my lap when sitting on a step, but that might not be so easy for you

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #8

I have been using cotton wool. Maybe not wet enough. I'll persevere! I'm also going to put a little vasaline on his nose. Thanks Fran.