Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
18-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #1

Injured tail

The ginger nightmare herself has injured her tail somehow, she was very 'irratable' at about half past three and kept hissing at the dogs whenever they went near her back end, so I had a looksie..and about halfway up her big squirrel tail is what can only be described as a 'wound', thats 'sticky' and is weeping puss, and it seems she's made it worse by cleaning it like a mad woman. Lord knows where it comes from, but its really causing her annoyance/pain. Vet couldn't fit us in this evening as they are so busy today, she has an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and we have to bathe in salt water for now.
But she is not a happy moggy!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #2

Re: Injured tail

I hope Bella's tail will be alright Luke....

This is the second case of an injured tail we have had in two days ..... Random's sister's cat also injured its tail
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...ghlight=Jennie

Let us know how she gets on at the vets tomorrow ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #3

Sounds like its been a bite Luke, thats turned into an abcess...Hope she is feeling better soon.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
18-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #4

Hope she is ok Luke, Jen just had to have hers amputated. She now is sporting the manx look though and has came through it ok. I hope Bella's can be saved. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #5

This seem's like another bad week for Catsey Cats. Poor wee thing. I hope she's ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #6

Poor Bella! She must be in a lot of discomfort; I hope she'll be OK and won't lose that beautiful tail! Do let us know what happens, Luke ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #7

Hugs and good luck to Bella Luke. Be very rigorous with the bathing and hopefully it'll all turn out ok. Good job you spotted it early enough as these things can be hard to identify.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
18-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #8

Well here's hoping it just needs cream or something, it seems just like a wound as if she has caught it on/in something..but has gotten quite weepy in the past few hours n she's a very unhappy mog. I've shut her in one of the bedrooms with me, away from the rest of the motley crew so they do not aggravate things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #9

I do hope this wound clears up and the beautiful girl doesn't have to become a Manx, like Jennie.
I'm sure you'll let us know as soon as you can Luke

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
19-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #10

Sounds to me like a bite that has got infected and abcessed. Amber had one of those on her tail a few months back - I noticed one day that she had a little scab on her tail when I was stroking her but I didn't really worry about it too much. Then about a week later I was stroking her, ran my hand down her tail and found a little lump. When I touched it she hissed at me and scratched me.

Took her to the vets the next day and turns out it was a bite wound that had abcessed - it burst when we shaved the area the vet just gave it a good clean, a weeks worth of antibiotics to clear the infection, and I was to bathe it twice a day with either salt water or hibiscrub.

It soon healed up hope everything is ok with the vets!