Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
17-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #21

Re: Caspurr's home just!

oh im so sorry your babies are poorly, they are obviously very lucky to have you taking care of them!

are their noses bunged up? is that why you are having to steam them? i ask because if it is then a humidifier might help, especially if you add a couple of drops of olbas oil to it. a bowl of boiling hot water would do the same only obviously it wouldnt be continuous and you would have to keep re making it, and you would also have to be careful the kitties didnt jump in or try and drink from it just a thought.

fingers crossed they get better soon!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
17-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #22

that just sounds awful - sending loads of healing thoughts to the kitties and you!

remember and take care of yourself as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
18-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahd
I checked up to see if Abi's free insurance was still running from when i got her but it had finished Otherwise we could have transferred it over.
Sarah
x
Just a thought..............but Sarah wouldn't you have got 6 weeks insurance with Ferne (Abi) and didn't you only have her 3 weeks?? Leaving 3 weeks now running???

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #24

Jac, so sorry to hear this news. It was lovely to chat to you last night and I hope that I was of some help

Your vet sounds wonderful and that's so reassuring. I really hope that she can get to the bottom of it all and find out where this virus has come from.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today.

One good thing is that cats can recover fully from the calici virus. Sometimes they remain carriers, but they can live with no symptoms or illness as such. Hopefully your babies will come out the other side of this fighting fit.

Lots of love and hugs
xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
18-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #25

Charlie I had had Abi since May 22nd so her insurance had ran out at the end of June.

Hope things are a little better today for you Jac and that you have managed to get some rest.

sarah

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahd
Charlie I had had Abi since May 22nd so her insurance had ran out at the end of June.

Hope things are a little better today for you Jac and that you have managed to get some rest.

sarah
Oh, right okay.

I stand corrected - sorry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #27

Hi Guys.....I'm knackerd but on top of the world . My babies are getting better!!!! There very sleepy but eating and drinking

All that is left is for the results to come back and we will know exactly what we are dealing with.

Tell you one thing......................I'll sleep tonight

forgot to say. Caspurr has a snotty nose but his eye's dont stick together when he wakes up!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
18-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #28

Glad they are feeling better Jac poor wee things. Just babies aswell which always makes it seem all the more unfair when they get illnesses.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #29

Yeh, they cant tell you whats wrong. At the moment I'm about to bathe his eyes. I'll have to do his nose as well. It's green and crusty. Poor wee soul. He wont like that. Makes me feel a right baddie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
18-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #30

Thats what I had to do Jac when Jessie had conjuntivitis, she had it neonatal so as soon as she started to open her eyes I had to clean them 3 times a day and it was horrible she hated it. I know how you feel. x