Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
17-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #11

Re: Caspurr's home just!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Jac did Sarah not have Abi insured??? So pleased Casppur is back home I did not realise Abi was poorly too.
So sorry they are poorly - poor babes.

What does Caspurr's breeder say? if thats where the virus came from would it not be in her own cats too?.
I didn't get any insurance with Abi. I got 6 weeks with Caspurr. I was going to add Aby to Caspurr's policy when it came up for renewal .
Now the way it stands if this Virus ever came back on Abi I wouldn't be able to claim the insurance as it was an existing Illness .
The tests I had done today will prove if Caspurr is the carrier or not. If he is, then my Vet is going to call his breeder. She is outraged. she said If I hadnt been so vigilant I could have easily lost Caspurr yesterday.
were not out of the woods by a long way but I'm armed with AB's and a fantastic Vet. I can call her anytime. So in that sence I have the upper hand.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #12

Oh Jac, Someone was looking after Caspurr when you were picked to be his mum...!!! Thanks to your vigilance he got to the vets in time...
Gentle hugs all around; you try to get some rest, hear!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
17-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #13

Hope both Caspur and Abi pick up quickly now they are on the antibiotics.

Sorry you are having a rough time Jac xx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
17-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #14

Hoping that both the babies get well soon. Hope you can try and get some rest too Jac you must be exhausted.
I checked up to see if Abi's free insurance was still running from when i got her but it had finished Otherwise we could have transferred it over.
You cant give 6 weeks free insurance on a cat either thats already had the free term. I even checked that out.

Fingers crossed that everything starts to get better now with the antibiotics etc

Hope things get better with your medication too. Thats the last thing you need on top of all this.

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh Jac, Someone was looking after Caspurr when you were picked to be his mum...!!! Thanks to your vigilance he got to the vets in time...
Gentle hugs all around; you try to get some rest, hear!

Aww what a lovely thing to say Eileen. Both my babies are here to stay! No matter what. Cant promise to rest though. Just have to see how they are tonight. fingers crossed.
And everyone thank you all for being so helpful , understanding and supportive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #16

The virus you are describing is Calicivirus. (FCV) pronounced
"cal-eech-y"

poor Caspurr... Wonder if any of the other kittens have it from his litter?

Hope he is feeling better soon.

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #17

Smudgley THAT'S IT !!!!! you clever girl. Well the tests will find out whether he's a carrier or not. If he is his breeser better watch out!!! She will see another side to Jac.
Although I saw all her cat's and kittens. They all looked healthy bouncing bundles of joy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #18

Jac - Eileen is SO right, someone else might not have notice the danger signs. Thank heaven you are so vigilant with you kittens. I'm wishing Caspurr has a restful night and is feeling a bit better tomorrow.

I suspect you have a long night ahead of you though girl. Hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #19

Hi Jac, yes as Smudgley has said it's the calicivirus that I was thinking too. I hope the tests provide answers as to the source of this infection but more importantly I hope the two babies pull round quickly {{{Hugs}}}

I've pm'd you x

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #20

Thanks Yola.
I'm off now to sponge eye's. Put cream in and take them both to the steam room . We have a long night ahead . (((((((((()))))))))) hugs to all you lovely people. xxx