Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #1

Keep your paws crossed

Last week I had to take Caspurr to the vet. He had sore sticky eyes. well he was given a metacam injection and antibiotics for his food. Last night we noticed he was walking with a limp. Now I don't know if he has had a fall when we weren't here but he's still limping today. His eye's are still looking sore and he goes back to the vet tonight. Keep all crossed that he's ok please. I really am worried about him.
On the other hand Abi is mothering him. She keeps cleaning him and sleeping snuggled up to him bless.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #2

Re: Keep your paws crossed

Jac, has he got any ulcers on his tongue or sore looking patches in his mouth? Only, one of the flu viruses, calci, I think can cause limping and also causes ulcers in the mouth.

Everything crossed here for him x

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #3

Just looked Fran. No nothing in his mouth although his eye's are weeping green gunk. He started showing symptoms of sore eyes last Sat when we came home with Abi. He had been sleeping and couldn't open them when we got home.
Iv'e been making up a saline solution which the vet told me to continue and he gets drops in his food twice a day. He did have a slight temp but that seems to have gone down. I'm sure he's lost a bit weight. Very worrying. I have a horrid feeling she will keep him in

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #4

Everything crossed for little Caspurr . . . it must be such a worry for you - let's hope the vet sorts him out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #5

Sure he will come home with you Jac's, probably with some AB....No use in telling you nopt to worry, but he is a strong little man, sure he will be ok...Hugs..XX

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #6

He's been on AB's for a week now. they dont seem to be working . He's gone off his food since last night, He's just so little and lethargic. My appointment is 4.40 so will find out more then.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #7

Oh Gosh Jac, what a worry I do so hope that he doesn't have to stop in. Please let us know how he is as soon as you can Jac {{{Hugs}}} x

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #8

will do. Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
16-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #9

Jac, I'm so sorry to read this. Big hugs to you and to Caspurr. Let us know how you get on.

Did the vet not give you any eye drops last time? Perhaps it's something like conjunctivitis? My Kuta got that not long after I originally got her - I think it was from the upheaval of the move - so perhaps Caspurr is the same??!

All crossed here for you.

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #10

No Charlie I just got AB's to put in his food. Plus the injection of course.
It's the fact that they dont seem to be working that's worrying and the limp. Plus he's now gone off his food. gosh there a worry arn't they? Hopefully she'll get to the bottom of it tonight.